U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-19-2010, 03:18 PM

21 posts, read 62,407 times

Advertisements

I just got one in Miami Florida. $114.

I've been driving around with illegal tints for over 20 years in one truck or another. So I guess I was due my first for some time now.

That said - I plan to correct the problem as I suspect if I don't, if I'm ever pulled over, the cops are going to see the infraction and just get me on it again and again now.

Anyways, I think the cop said If I go to court and prove it's fixed I will get a reduced sentence or it will be dismissed. True? Will I still get points? Insurance hike of any kind? Court fees?

Is that any better than paying the $94 it says I can pay on the ticket and send in my proof? Will that give me points.

BTW, I have illegals cause I like to sleep in my truck sometimes at lunch hour. Also, I always drive around with my windows open as a habbit. When I got the ticket I had my window completely open.. but the ticket says he could not see in due to tints.

Thanks for any help or information.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 03:40 PM

196 posts, read 289,596 times
well i don't know if it works this way all the time, but i was in traffic court in Miami several months ago and there were 2-3 people there in your situation, and the case was dropped/dismissed since they had the tints removed. i would assume that means no points, so your insurance should not be affected and no, i never saw anyone get court fees. be advised, you may have to go to court twice, once for a pre-trial conference (all they ask is if you want to plead guilty and pay the fee or go to court....which i couldn't understand since if you wanted to do that you wouldn't have requested a court date to begin with but...whatever) and then the second time is the actual court. both times i was there for probably about 45 minutes.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:07 PM

21 posts, read 62,407 times
very true about having to go twice.

A few years back I got a ticket and after talking to the cop for a while I sensed he wanted to take it back.. and then he said to go to court and that he would not show up or would make a note not to remember the case(lol) and they would throw it out.

When I realized i was in a pretrail and had burnt the morning, I just settled right there so as to not have to return.

Thanks for that info

Having to go to court twice is more expensive than the ticket.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:43 PM

Default but if you settled in pre-trial

didn't you get points? since you were basically pleading guilty?

Old 04-20-2010, 12:41 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,188,619 times
It's not a moving violation, so you should not get any points. If you get them removed and take proof to court, they'll drop it. The only bad thing is the 2 court appearances. You could also give the proof to one of those ticket clinic people, and they should be able to take care of it for you. I think that they run $69.00 specials.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:57 AM

2,574 posts, read 782,879 times
I was under the impression that tint glass is legal in all 50 states...

All those limos,or commercial vans ..?

Old 04-20-2010, 09:35 AM

6,484 posts, read 13,183,417 times
Nope, in Florida you can have the limo tints on all the back windows of a regular car, not sure about the commercial vehicles and limos. You just can't have the limo tints on the front driver, front passenger and the front windshield. How stupid is that, your car would look stupid driving down the road with dark tints in the back half of the car and light tints in the front half.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:41 AM

2,574 posts, read 782,879 times
Hmm,I get it... Same rule as in other countries...

All this in the motherland of privacy.
Has any individual or org challenged that issue legally all the way to Supreme Court..?

From the moment that the license plate is visible & the traffic police can stop the vehicle & identify the people inside,the measure of clear front windows is unessecary...It violates the privacy of communication,if transport is regarded as a way to communicate ...

Instead,USA should adopt the euro reg & require 2 plates/vehicle,both in the front & back ...

Old 04-20-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
From the moment that the license plate is visible & the traffic police can stop the vehicle & identify the people inside,the measure of clear front windows is unessecary.
How can you identify the people inside when you can't see them?

Considering the "never leave home without your gun" mentality of some of our citizens, i would hate to be the cop that had to walk up to the driver's side of a car with tinted windows.

And really, skin conditions aside, does anyone really NEED tints?

Old 04-20-2010, 05:36 PM

2,519 posts, read 7,158,714 times
OMG....an officer actually gave a ticket for illegal tint ? What a dork. I thought they stopped years ago doing this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: