Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2007, 12:21 PM

5 posts, read 26,145 times

Advertisements

I posted this to the general Florida forum first, but someone suggested I post it here as well:

My wife and I currently live in Tampa, but have both just accepted jobs, one in Davie and one in Boca Raton. We're just out of school and looking to start a family. We also have family in Boynton Beach, and want it to be relatively easy to visit them (and get their help when the baby comes). We think we can spend 200-250k on a 2 or 3 bdr condo/townhome, and we would consider moving again in 3-5 years (to get into better school districts, for instance). My wife will be working in Boca, and I would prefer that she had the shorter commute.

Cocount Creek looks like it's fairly convenient to both Davie and Boca, with decent access to the turnpike/I-95. We're looking online at a few places in the Township development, and are curious what people think of the development and overall area. I've heard the North end of Coconut Creek is nicer than the south, and am wondering whether Township is the nice part or not.

So, our main questiions:
1. Is Township a nice/safe area?
2. Is traffic out of Coral Springs (to Davie/Boca) that big a deal?
3. Should we be worried that there are 77 properites for sale in the Karanda Village area (according to Karanda Village Condos - Coconut Creek )? This seems like a lot to us, but maybe this is normal.

Thanks for all your help,

Eric
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 01:17 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
Now keeping in mind that you have family in Boynton Beach and your wife has a definite commute to Boca I would skip right over Coconut Creek all togethger. It is not that Coconut Creek is horrible but nearby Coral Springs is a much better bet in general, especially for education, although you will experience a bit longer of a commute to Davie. OR you could move TO Davie, a very nice community with good education(probably better than Coral Springs), and your wife drives the opposite direction of rush hour flow to Boca Raton on the Turnpike, but that is still a 30 minute drive for her each day and about 40 minutes from Boynton. As far as the Township area, I really do not know at all. Your commute from Coconut Creek/ Coral Springs, by the way, to Davie is smooth sailing...until you hit I-595! Do you happen to know where in Davie the job was?

Last edited by compelled to reply; 06-14-2007 at 01:33 PM..

Old 06-14-2007, 05:34 PM

5 posts, read 26,145 times
I guess it would help to tell you that we will both be teaching, me at NSU in Davie, and her at FAU in Boca. Our schedules won't always have us driving in rush hour traffic, but it is a possibility.

From what you wrote, I gather that rush hour traffic is worse going South (toward Miami?) in the morning and North in the evening.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:04 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
The north-south part actually is not even TOO bad on the turnpike,but it is certainly present. its the east-west factor on I-595 that is the pits,and from working at NSU, you have yourself a long but fairly smooth commute to NSU because you only have one exit on 595, and your wife would have a fairly easy commute to FAU as well, assuming you locate in Coral Springs or Coconut Creek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami