U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 08:20 AM

184 posts, read 420,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post
well our mailbox got broken into 3 weeks ago and various city government departments supposed to deal with it keep passing the buck so im 3 weeks without mail so far.

also the wood by our front door lock is semi-mashed because someone tried to pry open our door with a crowbar.

every friend ive made down here has been broken into at least once.
CIXel , just what kind of friends are you making and dude remember you live in Homestead .... I know many people in South Florida who have never been victims of crime , myself included . The only time I have ever been mugged and had my car broken into was in Atlanta three years ago and I travel all over the U.S and Latin America . Yeah , there is crime down here and plenty of it , just as Los Angeles , Dallas , Phoenix , Las Vegas , Detroit , Houston and other large cities have high crime .

You are a smart guy and I am sure a good person ... but your constant negativity does wear on people . I agree most of Miami does suck .... so then so something about it get out , break your frickin lease and go elsewhere as you sound like you are miserable .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2007, 02:03 PM

1,769 posts, read 5,653,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek1 View Post
Chill PBCboy ... everyone has a right to respond to a negative thread .. you and I do it all the time .
Yeah, but I don't complain about how I hate them so much. If I don't like a thread I figure it'll receive less attention if I just don't respond to them.

The only reason I am negative is because all of a sudden I feel unsafe where I live. I just don't like seeing my county go down under the same way others have through the years.

Old 06-16-2007, 03:22 PM

2,227 posts, read 5,840,245 times
i bet orlando's crime (per capita or per 100,000 ppl) is just as high as miami's now too. but i feel safe where i am at in orlando.

Old 06-16-2007, 04:20 PM

37 posts, read 86,056 times
Yay! I thought I was the only one who thought the 3 or 4 people who constantly post on this website are super negative! I am glad I'm not alone! I agree...maybe it is best you find somehwere you like to live better. It can't be healthy to always be in a negative state of mind...

Old 06-16-2007, 04:24 PM

6,462 posts, read 13,000,591 times
I used to feel safe up until a few years ago, when someone tried to break into our house. Then two months ago I was coming home turning onto my block, a car was pulling in to my driveway with 2 men on foot a few homes down walking towards my house. They broke into someone elses home on the next block an hour later. All it takes is one thing to happen to you, too change your outlook on your safety. When it happens to you, your feeling of being safe stop.

Since many people do not talk to their neighbors they do not know what is going on in their area crime wise. After a couple break-ins we had a block meeting. One woman said to me I can't believe they got broken into, we haven't had any break-ins in 30 years. I looked at her like you are crazy we have had 6 break ins in the last 3 months. She had no clue. Many of my others neighbors didn't know either.

So just because you may think you are safe, doesn't mean you are safe.

Old 06-16-2007, 04:47 PM

279 posts, read 46,434 times
cixel, the owner of the property is responsible for replacing the mailbox, the city is not responsible unless you live in a public housing project.

By the way, if you feel the need to post pictures of "work safety violations" at your job, why don't you contact your boss or OSHA rather than using a public forum to vent every frustration you have. This is getting to be a joke.

Last edited by john1963; 06-16-2007 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-16-2007, 04:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,496 times
Unhappy Miami

What about the girl that disappeared in Aruba? What about all the people that have disappeared in other states? All disappearances DO NOT happen in Miami.

I lived in Miami for 25 years and never once did I "disappear" nor was I ever robbed.

If you go into the wrong neighborhoods in any large city, you're sure to run into trouble. There are horrible crimes everyplace; just happens that FAUX News, etc. loves to dwell on the crime in Miami.

I love Miami, but can't afford to live there.

Old 06-16-2007, 06:25 PM

279 posts, read 46,434 times
cixel, if you have to post pictures of restaruant deliverys and "green onions" sitting outside, i would like to remind you that green onions are grown outside in the dirt along with bugs and bird droppings. Why don't you contact you local health dept. rather than coming here with every complaint you have. We are not your therapist. This forum is supposed to be for giving advice to people who are moving to a new, strage land.

thank you

Old 06-16-2007, 10:32 PM

1,769 posts, read 5,653,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibbss6 View Post
What about the girl that disappeared in Aruba? What about all the people that have disappeared in other states? All disappearances DO NOT happen in Miami.

I lived in Miami for 25 years and never once did I "disappear" nor was I ever robbed.

If you go into the wrong neighborhoods in any large city, you're sure to run into trouble. There are horrible crimes everyplace; just happens that FAUX News, etc. loves to dwell on the crime in Miami.

I love Miami, but can't afford to live there.
What about when there's crime in areas that most would consider are not the "wrong neighborhoods" though?

Old 06-17-2007, 12:12 AM

44 posts, read 96,829 times
Sick twisted people live everywhere. No matter the race or class or how much $ they have, or where they come from. Its the human condition. We choose wether we want to be good or evil. Sometimes poverty nore how your raised has anything to do with it. Some people are just really fucqed up in the head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami