Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 06:03 PM

182 posts, read 501,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post

Oh, and for the OP - they are making toll roads out here now, so for those of us who live in W. Kendall - to get out of here on any given highway is going to cost us. Those trips to Broward are going to be more costly when they turn those tolls on!

I can't wait to leave!!!!!!!!
Are the tolls from Miami-Dade to Broward?

Also, where are you moving to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 06:41 PM

115 posts, read 337,240 times
The only area that may not be safe is west of Biscayne Blvd, but to be honest the whole year we lived there it didn't affect us one bit, you basically use that area to get in and out of Aventura to I95. To the east of Aventura you have upscale Sunny Isles Beach, north of there is Golden Beach, ultra upscale, and north of Aventura is Hallandale Beach, that I don't know much of. And south of Aventura is North Miami Beach, which seems pretty nice, at least along Biscayne Blvd.
The traffic in and out of Aventura is pretty crazy atrush hour, but i wouldn't say crazier than, say, West Kendall.
In Aventura they have police patrolling everywhere, to keep the neighborhood safe. There is a 3 mile trail surrounding the golf course, and you see, at all times of day, people of all ages, moms with strollers, walking, jogging, rollerblading, it gives you a general feeling of safety.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:09 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,382,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerfire View Post
Are the tolls from Miami-Dade to Broward?

Also, where are you moving to?
Tolls are on the Turnpike, Turnpike extension, SR-836/Dolphin Expressway (runs from Turnpike through Palmetto and I-95 to Miami Beach), SR 874 (but only if you're going to/coming from Turnpike), and are about to be added on SR 878. So if you want to avoid the tolls you can take I-95 or I-75.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackHomeMIA View Post
Eldemila is probably right about PP. Also up north you have Sawgrass Mills, mega shopping, you need a day in there easily.
Where are they going to add the grocery in the dadeland target? Seems tight enough as it is. But that would be pretty nice. Although the Dadeland Publix is one of the nicest Publix stores in the area, I loved doing my grocery shopping there.
I want to say it'll be there end of the summer? Was there a couple of weeks ago and it looked like they cleared some shelf space for it but I'm also unsure how it will fit.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:42 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
Let's stay on topic please, if you want to discuss target please use direct message.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:08 PM

95 posts, read 214,444 times
My wife has been working in Kendall and commuting from Davie for the past 4 years.Now we have a kid so planning to move to Kendall area once she starts going back to work after the break

so any specific areas to look for?I think we need a town house..we stay in a condo now..Can I get a decent one ard $1400?

work is near Turnpike and Quailroost Dr.All suggestions and advice welcome

Old 06-05-2010, 08:46 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
For $1,400 you can find a nice townhouse in Kendall near the Turnpike or the 874 so you can hope on either expressway to get down to Quailroost easily.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:10 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,176,603 times
Noticed something new as I drove West on 104th St/Killian and 127th Avenue. There is now a sign on the outside wall of Calusa Estates on the NW corner that says WELCOME TO CALUSA. When did the area go from being W. Kendall to Calusa???

You go away for 4 weeks and....

STUP, I think you can easily find what you're looking for anywhere in the Kendall area, just have to start looking. I would tend to say to look around 184th and north, anywhere around 137th Avenue, in that area would probably be good. You can skip the expressway, esp once they start charging, who wants another fee to pay???

Old 06-06-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Noticed something new as I drove West on 104th St/Killian and 127th Avenue. There is now a sign on the outside wall of Calusa Estates on the NW corner that says WELCOME TO CALUSA. When did the area go from being W. Kendall to Calusa???

You go away for 4 weeks and....

STUP, I think you can easily find what you're looking for anywhere in the Kendall area, just have to start looking. I would tend to say to look around 184th and north, anywhere around 137th Avenue, in that area would probably be good. You can skip the expressway, esp once they start charging, who wants another fee to pay???
Might just be the development...West Kendall is an informal name (albeit universally accepted) as well...

Old 06-06-2010, 12:33 PM

10 posts, read 31,896 times
1. Palmetto Bay
2. Cutlers Bay
3. Kendall
4. Homestead

Sort of depends on what you are looking for. Our decision was made based on schools. Of these 4, Palmetto Bay has the best schools. For beach access, I guess Kendall has the best access, being closest to the public beaches as it is the furthest north. There is Matheson Hammock Park close to Palmetto Bay. Has a tidal pool that kids like to play in. But not a traditional beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami