Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 07:39 AM

12,082 posts, read 38,724,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopMisinformation View Post
While i don`t have a clue about florida,i do about Michigan.There is a bunch of people here who clearly must have something in common who refuse the facts other people point out about this state.This is pure misinformation and misleading.People can not spend their life or their savings down to a toilet because you like to make financial gains.That is criminal and the moderator including the owner is as guilty of promoting this behaviour.
Hey Putzman, you're back I see. And still just full of that zest for life that made you such a hit under all your other ID's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 08:03 AM

364 posts, read 874,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Hey Putzman, you're back I see. And still just full of that zest for life that made you such a hit under all your other ID's.
I know, right

Old 06-15-2010, 08:04 AM

274 posts, read 625,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StopMisinformation View Post
While i don`t have a clue about florida,i do about Michigan.There is a bunch of people here who clearly must have something in common who refuse the facts other people point out about this state.This is pure misinformation and misleading.People can not spend their life or their savings down to a toilet because you like to make financial gains.That is criminal and the moderator including the owner is as guilty of promoting this behaviour.
Where was there anyone talking about any type of financial gains? I merely stated that now that I am back in the state and looking to find a decent paying job that I will be buying some vacation property. How is me buying property making a financial gain? The vacation property I plan on buying will be my retirement property.

So why don't YOU stop YOUR MISINFORMATION and get off my thread that is about me being happy to be back home and take your negative attitude elsewhere.

Just because you are MISERABLE in your own life does not mean everybody else is. It must suck to wake up everyday and look at yourself in the mirror knowing you hate life... LOL! Because me personally... I AM THE HAPPIEST I HAVE EVER BEEN SO SCREW OFF!@!

Old 06-15-2010, 08:17 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,537,419 times
hi I am so considering moving to michigan myself. My husband and I went to Flint this weekend and had a ball. We are from atlanta but we are ready to relocate. I like the low cost of living, the cool summer nights, and my sister in law loves the winters there because she lives right off the lake and its beautiful.

My husband wants to be closer to his mom because she is very sick. Do you think this will be the right move for us?

I know flint is suppose to be a bad area but there were a lot of beautiful beautiful areas surrounding flint.

any feedback would be appreciated

Old 06-15-2010, 08:23 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,865,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
hi I am so considering moving to michigan myself. My husband and I went to Flint this weekend and had a ball. We are from atlanta but we are ready to relocate. I like the low cost of living, the cool summer nights, and my sister in law loves the winters there because she lives right off the lake and its beautiful.

My husband wants to be closer to his mom because she is very sick. Do you think this will be the right move for us?

I know flint is suppose to be a bad area but there were a lot of beautiful beautiful areas surrounding flint.

any feedback would be appreciated
Parts of Flint are terrible..parts are nice. There are many nice areas surrounding Flint. If I were to live anywhere around Flint, it would be Swartz Creek...I really like that area. Not a whole lot of natural beauty in this area, but you are not too far from the beauty of the west and north living in the center of lower MI. BTW..we also love most of the Flint area...we go quite often to shop and eat.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Parts of Flint are terrible..parts are nice. There are many nice areas surrounding Flint. If I were to live anywhere around Flint, it would be Swartz Creek...I really like that area. Not a whole lot of natural beauty in this area, but you are not too far from the beauty of the west and north living in the center of lower MI. BTW..we also love most of the Flint area...we go quite often to shop and eat.
What was really interesting is housing cost is so cheap. Everybody seem pretty happy with their life...whether they were working or not.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
What was really interesting is housing cost is so cheap. Everybody seem pretty happy with their life...whether they were working or not.
Yes...I have said many times in different posts. No matter what is going on in Flint, the people...for the most part...could not be nicer. There are some nice places to eat, and pretty much anything you need shopping wise, and the Genesee valley mall is real nice.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:40 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,260,105 times
I haven't been very far north except to Mackinac Island a couple of times, so I can't really make a comparison as to how beautiful it is in different parts of the state, but Shiawassee County, just to the west of Flint, is some of the prettiest country I have ever seen anywhere. Just cool, green, rolling hills and farmland. I love it there.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Yes...I have said many times in different posts. No matter what is going on in Flint, the people...for the most part...could not be nicer. There are some nice places to eat, and pretty much anything you need shopping wise, and the Genesee valley mall is real nice.
oh yes I got one of the best home cook meals

I am a medical biller...you think I could find a job in that field?

Old 06-15-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
oh yes I got one of the best home cook meals

I am a medical biller...you think I could find a job in that field?
Actually my wife is a medical biller supervisor here in Shiawassee county. Your chances are pretty good I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan