U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 03:12 PM

2 posts, read 18,982 times

Advertisements

I wanna do some fishing this week does anyone know where I should go on west side of state and what I need to use to catch some fish. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 10:58 PM

969 posts, read 1,623,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Boorman View Post
Im looking to go to campell lake tomorrow is there still good fishing what should I use bait and lures
Theres no safe ice yet. Or are you going in a boat?

Old 12-12-2011, 12:31 AM

14,517 posts, read 13,024,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
I'm not a fisherman, but a lot of people in Grand Rapids rave about the Rogue River in Rockford (15 minutes North of GR):

ESPN - MICHIGAN (March 2006): Michigan's Rogue River: Two streams in one

I'll second the rogue river!! We've caught some very big Salmon in the Rogue.

Not only the Rouge, but there is also the Muskegon River, I have caught some great Salmon there too.

I know friends who typically go to the Marquette River, but I have never actually gone there. I have also heard the water can be quite fast, not the best for young experienced children.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:46 AM

1 posts, read 719 times
hey, does anyone know where you can shore fish for some crappies or blue gills this time of year when it hot out????

Old 07-06-2012, 10:10 AM

15,819 posts, read 32,425,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylhinds4 View Post
hey, does anyone know where you can shore fish for some crappies or blue gills this time of year when it hot out????
Kensington Metropark (Kent Lake)

Old 07-06-2012, 10:12 AM

15,819 posts, read 32,425,087 times
Supposedly, some of the best Walleye fishing in the US is in the Trenton Channel of the Detroit River. They (fishermen) seem to congregate at the outlet of the Trenton Edison plant. Apparently the warm water attracats the fish and allows them to grow very large.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:44 AM

6 posts, read 5,653 times
Great waleye fishing in Michigans upper. Personally have did well at/on the St. Mary's river, Big Brevort Lake near Moran, Indian Lake, the pair of lakes at Curtis, Both big and Little Bays DeNoc.
for Pan fishing Little Brevort Lake is great in the spring, Was awful weedy by mid July and nearly impossiable in August.
The pair of Lakes outside of Cadillac, one at Lake City are good fishing lakes. Rose lake, Sunrise Lake Hicks lake and Diamond lakes near Leroy/Tustin are good fishing lakes.
Several rivers I have fished are the Grand near GR, the Miskigon between Evart and Big Rapids.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:39 AM

391 posts, read 390,728 times
For people with a serious boat and downrigger equipment, the Manitou Islands, off Leland Harbor, has been a hot spot for Salmon for the past month. Some nice Steelhead and Browns are being boated also.
Charter boats are returning with limit catches for half day trips, and sport fishermen are really loving it now that the launching ramp in the new Leland Harbor is now open. The new public restrooms are open as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan