U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-04-2010, 07:39 AM
 
Location: NW Lower Michigan=Heaven!
3,903 posts, read 4,994,823 times
Reputation: 3293

Advertisements

Kathy Lee Gifford talks about Michigan


YouTube - Kathie Lee talking about Michigan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-04-2010, 07:42 AM
 
Location: West Michigan
12,134 posts, read 22,302,830 times
Reputation: 16223
Nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2010, 02:03 PM
 
200 posts, read 330,851 times
Reputation: 205
Didn't know that Petoskey & Harbor Springs were in the UP, or that they were "right next to Canada" - but, all in all, it was a great shout out to the beauty of Northern Michigan!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2010, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Michissippi
2,832 posts, read 4,731,273 times
Reputation: 1732
We need more national publicity like that. It's too bad she didn't have some video footage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2010, 09:31 PM
 
1,403 posts, read 2,596,611 times
Reputation: 1030
Hey, her errant geography aside, it's a great mention on national TV, and a rave like that does more good than all the commecials Michigan can buy. Not that Pure Michigan is bad...I love it....but people really pay attention to enthusiastic opinion. Cool!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2010, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Northwestern Michigan
937 posts, read 1,654,647 times
Reputation: 392
Nice to get some kudos but what is scary is someone her age who is so geographically illiterate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2010, 09:05 AM
 
Location: Huntington Woods, MI
1,742 posts, read 2,187,936 times
Reputation: 683
Too bad no one listens to Kathy Lee Gifford anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2010, 11:11 AM
 
Location: Grand Rapids Metro
7,306 posts, read 11,254,129 times
Reputation: 2595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Nice to get some kudos but what is scary is someone her age who is so geographically illiterate.
Are you kidding. If it's not New York or California, it's all farmland or industrial wasteland.

Nice plug though. She should buy Eminem's house on Torch Lake, it's for sale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2010, 10:19 PM
 
1,403 posts, read 2,596,611 times
Reputation: 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Are you kidding. If it's not New York or California, it's all farmland or industrial wasteland.

Nice plug though. She should buy Eminem's house on Torch Lake, it's for sale.
We're in "flyover" country, so you can't expect coastal folks to have a clue, especially about details.
Mrs. Tecpatl and I watch the Today show most mornings, but if we're around late enough to encounter KL we usually race each other for the remote to change the channel. Nonetheless, I'm grateful to her for mentioning our part of the world in such glowing terms.
I saw Molto Mario Batali a couple days ago buying Whitefish at Carlsons Fisheries in Leland, and he had a big sack. Must have had friends visiting, and boy, he's lost some weight (I'm jealous)...at least some people from the East Coast know Michigan and appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2010, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Grand Rapids Metro
7,306 posts, read 11,254,129 times
Reputation: 2595
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecpatl View Post
We're in "flyover" country, so you can't expect coastal folks to have a clue, especially about details.
Mrs. Tecpatl and I watch the Today show most mornings, but if we're around late enough to encounter KL we usually race each other for the remote to change the channel. Nonetheless, I'm grateful to her for mentioning our part of the world in such glowing terms.
I saw Molto Mario Batali a couple days ago buying Whitefish at Carlsons Fisheries in Leland, and he had a big sack. Must have had friends visiting, and boy, he's lost some weight (I'm jealous)...at least some people from the East Coast know Michigan and appreciate it.
I would bet during any weekend in the Summer, there's at least a couple of major stars hanging out in Bay Harbor/Petoskey/Harbor Springs areas. I think they like it because it is in flyover country, and they can generally be left alone from the tabloid papparazzi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top