Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 10:27 AM

809 posts, read 1,950,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehondo670 View Post
I hate to ridicule or be demeaning toward people.......
No you dont.

You are lying.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:36 PM

57 posts, read 206,790 times
Come to Ann Arbor. We are progressive. I agree with everything your saying and that is the very reason I moved here. I love it here. We are more intellectual progressive and advanced than most other communities and by far more intelligent. You might say we are the most intelligent town in the entire nation and several studies have been done that suggest that. People are very relaxed and nice and totally non judgmental, You can be yourself here. I think you would love it. Where you are from sounds boring uncultured and hickish.

Last edited by indigonation; 08-30-2010 at 03:49 PM..

Old 08-30-2010, 05:15 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,843,182 times
LOL, you two sound like you are made for each other. What pompous wind-bags.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:10 PM

17 posts, read 69,608 times
Coldjensen, it states you are from Gross Ille. Gross Ille is one minor exception to the region. It doesn't have the same hick mentality as the rest of the region. but I mean heck, residents of gross ille have loathed the association with the word "Downriver" for decades. It's one of the reasons people with money won't live there anymore

Old 08-30-2010, 08:07 PM

364 posts, read 877,586 times
When trolling, if you are TRYING to sound SORT OF legit, know how to spell the names of towns in the area you are trying to bash. Ive never heard of Gross Ille, but I have heard of Grosse Ile. Although, since you are the expert on downriver and each and every one of its residents (not to mention all 310 million people living in this nation, since you can compare downriver to every area of the nation), please inform me where Gross Ille is.

To others unfamiliar with the area, dont let the troll post fool you. Lots of nice areas downriver. To name a few, Grosse Ile, Wyandotte, Southgate, Woodhaven, Trenton, Riverview, Allen Park, Rockwood, and Im sure I left off some. Even some of the areas that get a bad reputation arent all bad.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michsnowlvr View Post
When trolling, if you are TRYING to sound SORT OF legit, know how to spell the names of towns in the area you are trying to bash. Ive never heard of Gross Ille, but I have heard of Grosse Ile. Although, since you are the expert on downriver and each and every one of its residents (not to mention all 310 million people living in this nation, since you can compare downriver to every area of the nation), please inform me where Gross Ille is.

To others unfamiliar with the area, dont let the troll post fool you. Lots of nice areas downriver. To name a few, Grosse Ile, Wyandotte, Southgate, Woodhaven, Trenton, Riverview, Allen Park, Rockwood, and Im sure I left off some. Even some of the areas that get a bad reputation arent all bad.
By the way, I loved living in Wyandotte back in the 90's. Very interesting town and people

Say hi to Dwight and Wes for me, would you?

Old 08-31-2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Coldjensen, it states you are from Gross Ille. Gross Ille is one minor exception to the region. It doesn't have the same hick mentality as the rest of the region. but I mean heck, residents of gross ille have loathed the association with the word "Downriver" for decades. It's one of the reasons people with money won't live there anymore
If you are trying to shed your "hick" image it would benefit you greatly to improve on your spelling.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:08 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,772,406 times
Quote:

You must know a lot of people who live in Grosse Ile that I do not know. The majority of the people that I know on Grosse Ile are proud to say that we live downnriver. We love Trenton, Wyandotte, Riverview, Woodhaven, Flat Rock, Southgate (Taylor maybe less so, but it is still a good place to shop and eat). Of course I only know a few hundred or maybe a thousand Islanders at most, so you must know many thousands more of the residents than I do since you can now assert the ability to speak for "residents of Grosse Ile." I guess I only know the exceptions.

People with money will not live in Grosse Ile anymore? When did this begin? Someone ought to tell the people building the big fancy house on the East side. Grosse Ile has been a mix of farmers, workers, middle class and the uber wealthy for at elast 100 years. That has not changed. Or if it did change, it must have changed yesterday and no one has noticed yet.

The old hick image that downriver had is more than 20 years in the past and it is ridiculous. Except for the mediochre (at best) schools, Wyandotte is one of the better places to live in the metro detroit area. Trenton also has a lot going for it, not the least of which are its great people.

It appears that you have a major snob problem going on. Why don't you go live in Ann Arbor with the other poster. As he explained, when you move to Ann Arbor, you immediately become a superior lifeform, above all other human beings. Just moving there will make you smarter, funnier, more "progressive", you will smell better, your eyes will turn blue and your hair blonde, your feet will grow a pair of wolly socks topped off by Birkenstocks, you will immeidately become taller, thinner, and better in every possible way.

Of course you are stuck there. I immediately become a substandard being when I drove out of the city to move elsewhere. Now that I live downriver, I guess I am a hick. I have even learned how to throw a football (more or less) and I even occaisionally drink beer instead of wine (and I never eat Brie anymore - shhhh do not tell anyone). I do a lot of my own car maintenance and mow my own lawn (things that you superior beings would never admit to knowing how to do, let alone doing). Once in a while I vernture back into Ann Arbor to bask in the glow the the superior beings that live there (but only to watch a football game or drink some beer).

By the way, when you move to Ann Arbor and become a superior being, do nto go out at night. That is when the proles from horrid places like Downriver sneak in to look through windows and see how the better life forms live.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:09 PM

910 posts, read 2,983,753 times
Ehondo's getting STRIKED!

Old 08-31-2010, 05:03 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,586,174 times
Don't say about Downriver, but if a 6 page town newspaper has 3 pages dedicated to school sports, 2 pages to ads, 1 page to everything else under the Sun, there is something deeply unsettling and stifling about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan