Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 12:39 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,852,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
They need to give this commercial big air time during Detroit 1-8-7. Eminem and Micheal Imperioli together for an hour: wow! What the two of them could do for Detroit's image!
"Must spread some rep around before I can give you any more." +1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 12:55 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,071,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
Two things I can't stand..............hip hop and and Detroit.

that commercial makes me want to never buy a Chrysler now that every little bass car wannabe thug will be lining up to buy a one because Eminem says it's cool.

I think they just shot themselves in the foot by associating there product to the very reason people don't want to buy there cars in the first place.
Have you ever been to Detroit? I wouldn't buy a t-shirt made in that hole much less something as sophisticated as a motor vehicle.

now that bmw comercial that showed the clean diesel and the other one that showed there American built cars.................I would be lying if I said that it didn't make me feel justified in buying a new BMW.
You do make a great point, but with the culture changing and American Gen-Y growing up, many are not even looking to own a automobile and who have little interest getting their drivers licenses at age 16 or even want to live the suburban dream that was created for the American Gen-X. Most likely China and India will be the best bet for marketing automobiles to those Gen-Y's who are experiencing the rapid boom of the middle class.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:56 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,490,640 times
Quote:

that commercial makes me want to never buy a Chrysler now that every little bass car wannabe thug will be lining up to buy a one because Eminem says it's cool.

I think they just shot themselves in the foot by associating there product to the very reason people don't want to buy there cars in the first place.
Have you ever been to Detroit? I wouldn't buy a t-shirt made in that hole much less something as sophisticated as a motor vehicle.

now that bmw comercial that showed the clean diesel and the other one that showed there American built cars.................I would be lying if I said that it didn't make me feel justified in buying a new BMW.
Forget about buying a bimmer man, if you pick up and move to Germany right now you can get a really good deal on one of their other "sophisticated" motor vehicles, the Panzer Tank.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:21 PM

150 posts, read 405,552 times
Quote:

Even though I left Detroit a long time ago, it will always be my hometown. I was born there, raised there and schooled there. I left because of an abusive father that for some reason the police were not able to stop. That was back in the 1960's. But it was never Detroit's fault. They had the best schools back then and even now, due to my education, I'm proud that I got the best.

I'm always sorry to hear someone say that they "hate" Detroit. I have a sister that passed away, just after the Super Bowl was played there. In one of our last conversations she said to me how proud she was of her city and how she would never leave Detroit. She loved it too much. And she never did. Shortly after the Super Bowl she died unexpectedly from a heart attack at the age of 57.

How could you not have respect for Detroit and all that it's people have been through?

Susie

Old 02-07-2011, 01:44 PM

88 posts, read 189,844 times
Excellent, Excellent ad for Chrysler and Detroit. Eminem carried it off great. Detroit did hit rock bottom with Kilpatrick and company. Now it is time to rebound and this is a good first step. Thanks, Chrysler and keep that "Imported from Detroit" slogan - it's the best in a long time! Congrats!

And for Redfish - not smart to mouth off about somewhere you've never been. Best to stay where you are - you would be far to nervous in the "D".

Old 02-07-2011, 02:18 PM

1,742 posts, read 4,002,488 times
Quote:

Guess what? Detroit can't stand you either.

Also, are you really asking people on a Detroit forum if they have ever been to Detroit?

Old 02-07-2011, 03:10 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,420,379 times
I thought this was a great ad but Chrysler is indebted to the US government so in a way the tax payer paid for that ad..
Isnt Eminem from Warren? Well close enough to Detroit i guess.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:26 PM

1,742 posts, read 4,002,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
I thought this was a great ad but Chrysler is indebted to the US government so in a way the tax payer paid for that ad..
Isnt Eminem from Warren? Well close enough to Detroit i guess.

He's actually from Kansas City. Chrysler is also indebted to other financial institutions. What is your point? If you want the government to get a return on their investment than Chrysler needs to advertise and sell product.

I guess in the same vein since Ford took a couple billion in government loans and is indebted to the US Government, the taxpayer paid for their advertising as well. Then again, Ford, GM and Chrysler are tax payers. They've paid billions of dollars in taxes in their 100 years of existence. More than any other one of these people who get on their soapbox and say "My tax dollar" so why did Chrysler get your tax dollars and not the billions of taxes dollars Chrysler has paid throughout the years? Did GM ever complain about the way Warren spent the 1.5 million in annual property taxes they pay for the Tech Center alone?

Last edited by scolls; 02-07-2011 at 03:35 PM..

Old 02-07-2011, 03:42 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,818 times
Quote:

When I read your post, this image comes to mind.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:46 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,166,799 times
As a native Philadelphian, whose city is sometimes mentioned in the same breath as Detroit, I "get it".

So does my lady, a native of New Orleans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan