U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-24-2007, 09:13 PM
 
1 posts, read 49,605 times
Reputation: 45

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this means, more specifically the multiple variables part. This is a matter of great importance to me and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-24-2007, 09:45 PM
 
178 posts, read 570,462 times
Reputation: 80
It means I don't want whoever is charged w/ that as my neighbor!

Go to a law site - this is for people asking about towns/employment/weather - not looking for Matlock.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2007, 06:29 AM
 
24,788 posts, read 23,996,385 times
Reputation: 11149
Go to the registered offender list for the State Police site. There is detailed information as to the degrees. I will post a link if I can.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2007, 06:37 AM
 
24,788 posts, read 23,996,385 times
Reputation: 11149
MSP - Sex Offender Registry (http://tinyurl.com/2fdky7 - broken link)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2007, 06:40 AM
 
24,788 posts, read 23,996,385 times
Reputation: 11149
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmi View Post
It means I don't want whoever is charged w/ that as my neighbor!

Go to a law site - this is for people asking about towns/employment/weather - not looking for Matlock.
Who lives in a neighborhood if VERY important.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2007, 07:56 AM
 
Location: Summerville, SC
24 posts, read 112,598 times
Reputation: 22
I have a degree in criminal justice so maybe I can help a little. First, criminal sexual conduct in the 2nd Degree is a felony, which means that he or she can expect to spend up to fifteen years in prison (states differ) and a stiff fine. In addition, "second degree" refers to the type of crime committed. It means that he or she had sexual CONTACT (penetration would make it 1st degree) with a minor, a person between the age of 13 to 16. Also, "variables" refers to circumstances, such as was the victim related to the accuser, did the accuser use a weapon, or force and coersion, etc.

Regardless, this person will have to register as sex offender for the remainder of his or her life.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2007, 04:30 PM
 
178 posts, read 570,462 times
Reputation: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Who lives in a neighborhood if VERY important.
I never said it wasn't. The OP made it sound like they had a personal problem w/ that, not that they were looking for info on it.

Either way, it's bad news and I don't want it around
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2007, 02:16 PM
 
2 posts, read 98,634 times
Reputation: 13
Default the meaning of csc 2nd degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondust25 View Post
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this means, more specifically the multiple variables part. This is a matter of great importance to me and any help would be greatly appreciated.
with a child under the age of 13 and if she touch a person is it still consider 2nd degree

Last edited by librag; 09-18-2007 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: I need to know for family reason
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2007, 02:23 PM
 
2 posts, read 98,634 times
Reputation: 13
Default still don't understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganangel1972 View Post
I have a degree in criminal justice so maybe I can help a little. First, criminal sexual conduct in the 2nd Degree is a felony, which means that he or she can expect to spend up to fifteen years in prison (states differ) and a stiff fine. In addition, "second degree" refers to the type of crime committed. It means that he or she had sexual CONTACT (penetration would make it 1st degree) with a minor, a person between the age of 13 to 16. Also, "variables" refers to circumstances, such as was the victim related to the accuser, did the accuser use a weapon, or force and coersion, etc.

Regardless, this person will have to register as sex offender for the remainder of his or her life.
My friend did'nt admitted to any thing but he did say she touch him.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2007, 02:31 PM
 
24,788 posts, read 23,996,385 times
Reputation: 11149
Has there been a judgment?
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2016, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top