Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 11:12 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,768,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theficklefox View Post
Ugh. and don't get me started on flint, jackson... DETROIT. It's over people... let's move on and be happy. Move gramma into the sun and let her enjoy flowers sun and blue skies for more than 3 months.
Wow, hyperbole much?

Maybe the part of Ann Arbor where you live is the problem. I find it amusing when people attach personality types to entire populations. Honestly, I'm not a big UofM or MSU fan, and don't watch a lot of sports, so I think both Ann Arbor or East Lansing would drive me crazy.

Back to the topic at hand, I believe Michigan falls in the average as far as sunny days go. In fact, I think if you take out Dec - Feb, it's above average for sunny days (20 or 22 days a month).

Last edited by magellan; 03-19-2011 at 11:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 11:48 AM

20 posts, read 33,579 times
I love that quote by the Dalai Lama. I believe it 100%. I wish that people would take their own advice. I don't like this road, it's not taking me to fullfillment and happiness. Just because I'm not a fellow michigander, that dosen't mean I'm "lost" or an outsider.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:52 AM

20 posts, read 33,579 times
I don't think that's true about the sunny days. MI has lakes surrounding it, which creates alot of gray skies. Same in upstate PA and NY. My sis lives near Rochester, NY and it's depressing as hell and gray out there too. The same, maybe a little worse- than Ann Arbor. I know for a fact there's 76 more days of sun on average in Nyc where I grew up. I looked up annual weather history and looked into it. It basically is the difference of gray days all the time for no reason, or gray days once in awhile, which means rain. Here, when it's gray, it's just GRAY. It just IS. NY it got gray- you knew you'd have to hurry home. Then the sun would return after the weather... I liked that.
I hate football, therefore I have nothing to do... lol

Old 03-19-2011, 11:54 AM

24,834 posts, read 37,202,912 times
Quote:
I love that quote by the Dalai Lama. I believe it 100%. I wish that people would take their own advice. I don't like this road, it's not taking me to fullfillment and happiness. Just because I'm not a fellow michigander, that dosen't mean I'm "lost" or an outsider.
Saline is not in Michigan????

Old 03-19-2011, 12:10 PM

30,702 posts, read 79,364,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Saline is not in Michigan????

They moved it. D & B House Movers has been really busy.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:22 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,768,464 times
Quote:
I don't think that's true about the sunny days. MI has lakes surrounding it, which creates alot of gray skies. Same in upstate PA and NY. My sis lives near Rochester, NY and it's depressing as hell and gray out there too. The same, maybe a little worse- than Ann Arbor. I know for a fact there's 76 more days of sun on average in Nyc where I grew up. I looked up annual weather history and looked into it. It basically is the difference of gray days all the time for no reason, or gray days once in awhile, which means rain. Here, when it's gray, it's just GRAY. It just IS. NY it got gray- you knew you'd have to hurry home. Then the sun would return after the weather... I liked that.
I hate football, therefore I have nothing to do... lol
Well I hate to break it to you, but it's true:

Average Annual Sunshine in US Cities - Current Results

When you break out the low number of sunny days in Dec/Jan/Feb, it's right at the national average (using Detroit's numbers). May through September here is actually sunnier than the national average. The lakes don't usually affect cloud cover when the air is warm and the lakes are warm.

But I'm certainly not trying to convince you to like Ann Arbor. I find it a bit pretentious myself. Something about elitist hippies strikes me as odd.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:53 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,202,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
They moved it. D & B House Movers has been really busy.
Wow...I miss everything!!!!

Old 03-19-2011, 01:23 PM

12,082 posts, read 38,710,671 times
Quote:
I love that quote by the Dalai Lama. I believe it 100%.
Odd way you chose to show you agree with it 100%.

I kind of find it hard to believe the Dalai Lama meant for people to blast everything around them and run down others who are not on the same path as you tend to in your posts.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:01 PM

98 posts, read 180,207 times
Some sales people here trying to promote Michigan really hard.Why?Because there is money to be made and we know how many fools are out there.This state offers nothing now except total boredom.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:02 PM

12,082 posts, read 38,710,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pifler View Post
Some sales people here trying to promote Michigan really hard.Why?Because there is money to be made and we know how many fools are out there.This state offers nothing now except total boredom.
Then leave for someplace else that will make you a happier person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan