U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-23-2011, 04:40 PM
 
Location: Grosse Ile Michigan and Sometimes Orange County CA
15,819 posts, read 31,876,991 times
Reputation: 11822

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by idw2s View Post
What he said.

I'll take up a collection for a Greyhound ticket to Indiana. Since, you know, every state you've been to is better than this one, you won't need to go far to escape heaven, I mean hell.

I'd restate my position, but I've never been much of a rule breaker and it's probably a waste of keystrokes.

BTW, the OP has 1 post, but 12 rep points? How in G-d's name is that possible?

Lame.

Reps himself with another ID. Isn't that kind of like masterb. . . . ? I guess I cannot say that on CD

 
Old 03-23-2011, 04:54 PM
 
1,492 posts, read 2,036,273 times
Reputation: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMistakein1995 View Post
The single biggest mistake I have ever made in my 50 years on this planet was moving to this hell hole called Michigan. The roads suck! The economy sucks! The weather sucks! And the people - don't get me started. Michiganders are some of the rudest, most mean spirited, self-centered people I have ever met. I have traveled the country in business, coast to coast and border to border before I was transferred permanently to MI. Usually when you say hello to people, they respond somehow! Either a nod, a smile, or they say "Hello" back to you. Not here. If you get any reaction at all, they just stare at you. If you bother to hold a door open for somebody, or stop your car to let someone cross or another car to get over, don't bother expecting any response - a thank you or a wave, forget it! The pot holes in my community are so bad that there is regular damage to my car. The response from the twp manager? "We ain't got no money to fix it." Really? Why are my taxes going up and up every year, while my home value has dropped over 40%????
MICHIGAN SUCKS!
Should have sold in 2006.
 
Old 03-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Status: "FEAR won in 2014." (set 10 days ago)
 
Location: Heart of TEA country--Livingston County, MI
7,637 posts, read 10,316,197 times
Reputation: 5249
Quote:
Originally Posted by idw2s View Post
What he said.

I'll take up a collection for a Greyhound ticket to Indiana. Since, you know, every state you've been to is better than this one, you won't need to go far to escape heaven, I mean hell.

I'd restate my position, but I've never been much of a rule breaker and it's probably a waste of keystrokes.

BTW, the OP has 1 post, but 12 rep points? How in G-d's name is that possible?

Lame.

What IF there are some folks out there that agree with the OP? I realize that notion is very abstract to some of us, but anything is possible?
 
Old 03-23-2011, 05:20 PM
 
Location: Pure Michigan!
3,047 posts, read 3,660,524 times
Reputation: 3421
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
What IF there are some folks out there that agree with the OP? I realize that notion is very abstract to some of us, but anything is possible?
Sure there are. The ones who are mentally healthy, however, aren't anywhere near this board, they are busily planning their new lives outside of Michigan so that they can best utilize the limited number of days that they have on this planet somewhere where they will be happier (or at least think they will be). It's kind of sick, counterproductive, and wasteful to hang out on this forum bashing this state, and hopefully they will find the help that they need soon so that they can move on and get a life.
 
Old 03-23-2011, 05:21 PM
 
Location: Grand Rapids Metro
7,274 posts, read 11,122,017 times
Reputation: 2570
Quote:
Originally Posted by idw2s View Post
What he said.

I'll take up a collection for a Greyhound ticket to Indiana. Since, you know, every state you've been to is better than this one, you won't need to go far to escape heaven, I mean hell.

I'd restate my position, but I've never been much of a rule breaker and it's probably a waste of keystrokes.

BTW, the OP has 1 post, but 12 rep points? How in G-d's name is that possible?

Lame.
I believe everyone at C-D starts out with 10 points.
 
Old 03-23-2011, 05:24 PM
 
Location: West Michigan
12,138 posts, read 22,023,941 times
Reputation: 16211
Wow, somebody slipped off their meds today.

I too have been all over the Country and there are few places that are as friendly as Michigan in general. Must be your attitude when you approach people here.
 
Old 03-23-2011, 05:52 PM
 
1,492 posts, read 2,036,273 times
Reputation: 664
Actually, I found the opposite was true, in terms of service people. I moved from MI to the south and was immediately struck by how friendly everyone- grocers, cashiers, wait staff- was compared to MI. It sure wasn't my attitude.

When I run into people from MI where I live now, they are universally friendly.

I, too, have been everywhere, man. I've been everywhere.
 
Old 03-23-2011, 06:27 PM
 
Location: New York, NY
933 posts, read 932,340 times
Reputation: 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaHuey View Post
Actually, I found the opposite was true, in terms of service people. I moved from MI to the south and was immediately struck by how friendly everyone- grocers, cashiers, wait staff- was compared to MI. It sure wasn't my attitude.

When I run into people from MI where I live now, they are universally friendly.

I, too, have been everywhere, man. I've been everywhere.
I completely agree. I was SO happy when I moved home from NYC last year just to have service people be pleasant again. NYC service people are NASTY, NASTY, NASTY. And I didn't like it. So guess what? I left! That's what logical people do when they aren't happy somewhere. You not selling your home at the correct time is YOUR problem. My parents sold in 2006 for 260K. The same property is now assessed at 155K. They didn't get caught up in the greed and happened to be intelligent and well-informed. They now live in a property that was assessed at 480K back in 2006 (4,000 square feet, wooded lot with a private lake, 5 car garage, luxury everything). Your lack of education is their gain. Why don't you just pack up and go to a more liberal state where people don't take responsibility for their personal failures?
 
Old 03-23-2011, 07:30 PM
 
1,492 posts, read 2,036,273 times
Reputation: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
I completely agree. I was SO happy when I moved home from NYC last year just to have service people be pleasant again. NYC service people are NASTY, NASTY, NASTY. And I didn't like it. So guess what? I left! That's what logical people do when they aren't happy somewhere. You not selling your home at the correct time is YOUR problem. My parents sold in 2006 for 260K. The same property is now assessed at 155K. They didn't get caught up in the greed and happened to be intelligent and well-informed. They now live in a property that was assessed at 480K back in 2006 (4,000 square feet, wooded lot with a private lake, 5 car garage, luxury everything). Your lack of education is their gain. Why don't you just pack up and go to a more liberal state where people don't take responsibility for their personal failures?
I did pack up and move. Though every state has a population that doesn't take responsibility for their failures. "Liberal" states have zero to do with anything. It's rhetorical nonsense.

Not everyone bases their life decisions on economics. Congratulations to your parents, who apparently are caught up in the greed, if they based their sale solely on market factors and investment potential. I just bought and sold a house for less than I could have realized three-four years ago, but unlike people "caught up in the greed," it doesn't bother me one bit.

My original point was I found service people nicer in the south than in MI, and I would agree few cities have ruder service than NYC.
 
Old 03-23-2011, 08:02 PM
 
Location: New York, NY
933 posts, read 932,340 times
Reputation: 1310
Well, to each their own. But since when does financial savvy equal greed? It was the exact opposite that allowed my parents to achieve what they have. They saw everyone around them being greedy and thinking they were going to become millionaires off their properties. They saw the fallacy in this and acted accordingly. That doesn't make them greedy, it makes them smart. Since when does one not consider market factors and investment potential when buying and selling property? That sounds insane to me, maybe I am just cut from a different cloth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top