Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 12:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,962 times

Advertisements

HI:
We live in VA and moved here from Clio. We are now moving back and we are moving to Caro. We have Visited and did quite extensive research on Caro and Love it. We are waiting to sell our house here and have purchased a Building in Downtown Caro which we will move our Specialty/Educational Toy Store there and live in the Loft we are remodeling.
I think Caro is a great place and Better Yet. No grass to cut, very little snow that will have to be shoveled and next to a great Meat Market. Also within walking distance to a great park along the River and a few steps to the Movie Theater. I won't be spending much money on GAS...It's the way to go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 06:42 PM

2 posts, read 7,654 times
Default seeking browning information

Had relatives in mi long time ago Caro, Watrousville, Saginaw
seeking information

Old 05-26-2009, 10:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,766 times
Anyone in Caro know of an inexpensive place for a single nonsmoking professional and a small dog and a declawed cat can rent for 12 weeks? I'm moving there and starting a job 6/5/09 and I need a place for us to live. We all come with references. Both pets weigh 16 lbs together (8 each). The dog is an elderly chihuahua that rarely barks and is housebroken. The cat is declawed and has her own personal recommendation from a previous landlord (dog came after that rental). I can provide my own personal references too.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:48 AM

263 posts, read 744,876 times
Caro is a nice place to live. Good people. Shopping is limited, but there is a nice grocery store and good hardware stores. A little farmer's market in the summer. Schools are decent. Nice library. A wonderful old one screen theater, but we lost the drive-in to a wind storm. More's the pity. Nice parks and not too far to the lake and wonderful beaches.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:36 AM

263 posts, read 744,876 times
Smile Caro, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by camman View Post
HI:
We live in VA and moved here from Clio. We are now moving back and we are moving to Caro. We have Visited and did quite extensive research on Caro and Love it. We are waiting to sell our house here and have purchased a Building in Downtown Caro which we will move our Specialty/Educational Toy Store there and live in the Loft we are remodeling.
I think Caro is a great place and Better Yet. No grass to cut, very little snow that will have to be shoveled and next to a great Meat Market. Also within walking distance to a great park along the River and a few steps to the Movie Theater. I won't be spending much money on GAS...It's the way to go!
Glad to see something new coming in downtown Caro. Good Luck. Lots of homeschoolers in the Thumb who may like to shop there so seek them out.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:19 AM

4 posts, read 9,336 times
I considered buying a business in Caro .SO i will say it is a nice small town has a great business area
Walmart ETC . People come from all over the county to shop here. It has a very good Hospital and Caro syrup was is made here or at least Pioneer Sugar is.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:33 PM

266 posts, read 852,761 times
Oh cool! I only live about 45 min away from Caro and never knew that about Caro Syrup!!

It is a very nice little town, I'd recommend it highly!

Old 06-11-2009, 04:53 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,055,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsplace View Post
I considered buying a business in Caro .SO i will say it is a nice small town has a great business area
Walmart ETC . People come from all over the county to shop here. It has a very good Hospital and Caro syrup was is made here or at least Pioneer Sugar is.

Sorry, but I think you might be mixed up with 'Karo' syrup.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,286 times
Hmm, anyone want to tell the truth, this place smells so bad with the sugar and gas plant right in town. OMG, you drive into town and almost get sick from the smell! the people are strange... some are really nice, but I moved here to Caro Michigan 4 years ago thinking I was moving to small town America and found this town is full of mean nasty rude people.The children have no manners (look at the parents) I have lived all over the world and I would never recommend Caro to anyone. I have met some nice people here but tyring to find a babysitter that wont hit or neglect is impossible, There is a prison and a home for the mentally ill here in Caro and the inmates are always escaping. I guess that is why they call the prison "camp walk away" and these people are murderers. If you like to hunt it would be a good place there is a lot of state land, and wildlife. If you read the local paper there are always more that normal amounts of sex offenders. All I know is when I get the chance to move away from Caro I am. good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan