Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 04:39 PM

14 posts, read 27,455 times

Advertisements

In 1989, an old Ferrari was pulled out of a barn in Flint, Mi

It is hard to tell how long is was there before being yanked out, but had been there for at least a decade through out the 80's, and possibly there since the mid-late 60's.

Does anyone know anything about this story or remember a Ferrari in a barn?

The info I have is only that the barn was off of a major highway about 20 mins from the Flint airport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 04:45 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,155,603 times
Do you have a link or anything useful to go on?

Old 05-06-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
Do you have a link or anything useful to go on?
I wish I did, that is why I posted this here. I am in Texas.

I am hoping that someone will see this and go, "Oh yeah....I remember that car....."

The car was in pretty rough shape when it "found", I don't think it had been driven in MANY years.

Old 05-06-2011, 05:37 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,155,603 times
Hmmm, well I googled and all I found was your post on the Ferrari forum and nobody had any clue there either...where did you hear about this? The only thing that comes up on google searches is your questions. I don't imagine there were many Ferarris in the area given it's GM country....you have no dates, no nothing to go on?

Old 05-06-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
Hmmm, well I googled and all I found was your post on the Ferrari forum and nobody had any clue there either...where did you hear about this? The only thing that comes up on google searches is your questions. I don't imagine there were many Ferarris in the area given it's GM country....you have no dates, no nothing to go on?

Car was pulled out of the barn in early 1989. I don'y know when it got the there except it was definitely in the same barn in 1982-ish.

Clearly it wasn't a common car then or even now which is why I was hoping someone would remember it.

I wish I had more but keep hitting dead ends in Flint.....

I heard about it from the man that pulled it out of the barn. It was raining and had been for many days. The car was wenched across a field to get to the tow truck because it was too muddy to drive across. All of his records as to who owned it are gone.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:14 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,372,113 times
Hmm, seems like I remember seeing something about that on one of those reality "Pickers" type TV shows. And not that long ago either. Maybe last summer or so. Specifically the part about pulling it out of the mud rings a bell. But I didn't think it was a Ferrai, but something else fancy. Maybe that's why nothing is coming up. I think it was a Bugati, don't quote me though.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:06 PM

Anyone remember this?

Old 07-07-2011, 05:28 PM

Anyone?

Old 09-17-2012, 08:04 PM

Today, I heard something other than "NO", to my questions about this......

I heard, "Yes, I have a record of THAT car being owned by C Hartel of MI in 1979"

When this car was saved from a barn in 1989, by person doing so flew into Flint and drove about 20 minutes.

I am not certain if it was in Flint propper, or not.......

Does this ring any bells? Any idea who "C Hartel" might be?

Old 09-17-2012, 08:22 PM

214 posts, read 673,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx246 View Post
Today, I heard something other than "NO", to my questions about this......

I heard, "Yes, I have a record of THAT car being owned by C Hartel of MI in 1979"

When this car was saved from a barn in 1989, by person doing so flew into Flint and drove about 20 minutes.

I am not certain if it was in Flint propper, or not.......

Does this ring any bells? Any idea who "C Hartel" might be?
Honestly, since most of the Detroit & Flint papers don't have their archives online like the NYT, it's going to be difficult to find any information on this without heading to the local libraries and doing a micro-fiche search.

You may be able to find a company that can find registration information for that time period from the MI Secretary of State (our DMV equivalent). You could probably narrow down the number of people in and around Genessee county that had a Ferrari registered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan