Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 12:50 PM

8 posts, read 25,583 times

Advertisements

We're thinking about relocating to Dearborn later this summer. However, I'm looking around on Craigslist at housing options and the houses seem quite small compared to houses in my area.

We have 5 children, so space is important. But it seems that it is very difficult to find a 4br house over even 1400 sq ft. Is this because of the high cost of heating? Or am I just not looking in the right place?

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 01:43 PM

1,648 posts, read 3,273,157 times
Not looking in the right area. I did a quick search on Trulia and found 200+ homes in Dearborn that are greater than 2,000 sq ft. There is also a large housing stock of smaller homes.

Dearborn Real Estate & Dearborn Homes For Sale — Trulia.com - Trulia

You can also search on Zillow for the same parameters.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:47 PM

8 posts, read 25,583 times
Thank you so much for your help!

Actually, we're looking for a rental house. I tried to do the same search on trulia and only came up with 1 house, and it seems it is a typo. They have it listed as a 9 bedroom... and it obviously isn't.

Any suggestions? Or am I still searching wrong?

Old 06-15-2011, 06:33 PM

1,900 posts, read 5,905,898 times
There are some big old houses here and there in east Dearborn...old duplexes that would be about 2K SF including both halves. West Dearborn might have some but west Dearborn often costs a lot more. There have also been some newer infill builds all over Dearborn, too, which might be about that size. Houses of that size are probably more plentiful further west in Dearborn Heights (but some areas of that city are better than others), Canton Township, or Livonia but those areas may cost more, too.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:08 AM

4 posts, read 10,634 times
Look for bigger houses in west dearborn in the ford historic home distric also you should look around the northern part of the west side by the golf courses the area over there is very nice with great schools and the houses are big, its known as the "rich part."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan