Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should we do with Michigan after everyone leaves the state?
Turn it into a gigantic National Park. 40 23.39%
Make it a huge prison, kinda like Escape From New York. 16 9.36%
My irrational hatred of Michigan runs so deep, I want to set the whole state on fire! 3 1.75%
Donate Michigan to Canada, let those Canuks give it a try! 34 19.88%
None of the above. It's obvious that this scenario is ridiculous, just like some opinions. 78 45.61%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 06:38 PM

262 posts, read 785,432 times

Advertisements

Trash haulers come from Port Huron down I 94 all day every day. Plus Canada isn't the only place we take trash from there are 6 or 7 other States that send us their trash. also I heard that on the west side of the State the water is being sucked out of the ground and piped to Arizona maybe that's why the Lakes are all down this year, and to think Al Gore got big money to make a movie like Micheal Moore, Now maybe he can buy the White House since he can't get enough people to vote for him. The other thing about Al's movie you need to check out his house down south he spends like 30k per month to keep it cool and to light the place. The guys a Hypicrite it would be one thing if he practiced what he preaches. We will all end up being blown part by the A bomb Al Quaide is going to set off, before we'll die from Global Warming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 10:56 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,683,418 times
If Michigan were given to Canada I would be happy to stay. As it is, I'm frankly worried. Several of my neighbors left the state in order to get jobs, many abandoning their homes in the process/allowing the banks to foreclose.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:17 PM

86 posts, read 266,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
If Michigan were given to Canada I would be happy to stay. As it is, I'm frankly worried. Several of my neighbors left the state in order to get jobs, many abandoning their homes in the process/allowing the banks to foreclose.
It is disturbing, the number of empty houses I see in the area, I have never witnessed abandoned houses in this number, even in the '70s when everybody was going to Oklahoma for work!

Old 08-17-2007, 01:31 PM

Well, before the last big economic belly-flop, we hadn't been supporting the economy with zillions of mortgage loans people couldn't really afford. And a lot of the jobless people had union memberships, a little funding there to help them out, and a few months of unemployment coming. Now, whole businesses are folding.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:21 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,876,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmontag View Post
I always thought we'd do well to nuke Ohio off the map and turn it into the 6th Great Lake (since it's useless anyways) and part of Indiana and make the lower peninsula an independant island nation.
If you nuke Ohio, all the Buckeyes will turn into mutant zombies, which is even scarier than what you already find there.

I cast a 'nay' on this plan. I don't even want Toledo back.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:45 AM

136 posts, read 480,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
If Michigan were given to Canada I would be happy to stay. ....
So Jennifer Granholm is from Canada eh, and dat ain't been workin out too great here. Betcha none of dem other Canooks would do better. Buncha hosers all a dem .

Old 08-24-2007, 07:20 PM

106 posts, read 572,080 times
Default Lights Out

As the old saying goes, "last one out turn off the lights"

Old 08-26-2007, 09:37 PM

Actually, I kind of hope the economic crisis here will drive down the cost of living, which is ridiculous here, but not as bad as Ann Arbor.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,505 times
Michigan is the largest fresh water resouvior in the world. Nestled atop natural granite under layments the land is stable... unlike California or other places in the world. I lived in Mi most of my life and would still be there if the weather was not so yukkie. No matter where you go there is never any place like home.... live for today

Old 08-25-2008, 10:58 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,442,029 times
National Parks are awesome places. I'd rather be in place with deer and racoon, fox, than a whole bunch of people.

I know it would only be dreaming but Michigan would make a very beautiful National Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan