U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 05:59 PM

5,585 posts, read 828,275 times

Advertisements

So far, University of Michigan Wolverines are proving themselves worthy of. Another wonderful thing to have happen for Michigan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 06:13 PM

4,121 posts, read 7,796,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baker Freesia View Post
So far, University of Michigan Wolverines are proving themselves worthy of. Another wonderful thing to have happen for Michigan.
So far they havent played a really good team, but they were very impressive today. I have to say I did watch Minnesota last week and they were horrible! We''ll see next week at Northwestern in their first big test. GO BLUE!

Old 10-01-2011, 09:19 PM

1,217 posts, read 2,910,596 times
As much as I love my Wolverines, they have not played anyone really good and looking at their schedule.....as of right now they only have 2 ranked teams ahead. Not that the rankings are a tell all of what can happen. Strange to see them blow Minnesota out so bad, those have been some what closer games over the last couple years. I think they are going to roll over Ohio State this year as well as beat the crud out of Michigan state if state plays the same game they have played lately. Great year for Brady Hoke, I love that guy. I love to hear him talk about football and his team. What a great hire and fit for Michigan.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:54 PM

13 posts, read 26,481 times
I feel they are overrated and undertested.... this from a lifelong M fan.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:38 PM

7,983 posts, read 11,691,502 times
I hope they keep it up. I hope they trounce Ohio!

Old 10-03-2011, 09:19 PM

493 posts, read 1,268,041 times
I agree that they haven't played a team of any significance yet. And they have a soft schedule. Likely the only challenge will be Nebraska. We saw how good OSU was last Saturday. They don't play Wisconsin or Penn State (not that PSU is any good this year, either).

It's obvious that Hoke is a much better fit all around than his predecessor.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:39 AM

4,121 posts, read 7,796,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlowman View Post
I agree that they haven't played a team of any significance yet. And they have a soft schedule. Likely the only challenge will be Nebraska. We saw how good OSU was last Saturday. They don't play Wisconsin or Penn State (not that PSU is any good this year, either).

It's obvious that Hoke is a much better fit all around than his predecessor.
I would say any game on the road in the Big Ten is tough no matter who it is, but at Michigan State will be real tough. They will have the best "D" that Michigan will face all year, and all they need to do is shut down Denard...which they did last year. This week at Northwestern is gonna be REAL tough also....maybe their first loss.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:26 PM

2,952 posts, read 6,153,513 times
We are pretty prominent UofM fans, too. I don't think they are any more over-rated than, say, MSU; but, I do agree that their schedule has not been as challenging thus far. Notre Dame gave the team a good run for their money, and I truly hope that both offense and defense studied their mistakes with that game.

MSU could be a challenge ... but, only if Cousins gets his game back together. The last few MSU games I have watched were ... less than stellar in his passing game performance. The MSU v. OSU game was just brutally slow to sit through. Both teams were well matched for each other, but it was painful watching them resort to punting the ball back and forth.

OSU - their team is just in a s*** cloud. I heard 3 more suspended for the next game as of this morning?

Nebraska will be a challenge despite Wisconsin's "welcome to the Big 10" game last weekend.

Overall, I think Hoke is a great fit for UofM. He represents the school well, and I agree with his philosophy of focusing on "the team" rather than star players. Thus far, I have admired each post game interview he has pitched -- admitting the team has plenty of improvement to do, work ahead of them and getting down to business. He not is bragging about their current winning streak.

Old 10-05-2011, 03:00 PM

7,983 posts, read 11,691,502 times
Well that's too bad about Ohio, I didn't know that. I want to beat them when they on normal footing.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:25 PM

1,217 posts, read 2,910,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
I would say any game on the road in the Big Ten is tough no matter who it is, but at Michigan State will be real tough. They will have the best "D" that Michigan will face all year, and all they need to do is shut down Denard...which they did last year. This week at Northwestern is gonna be REAL tough also....maybe their first loss.
You were almost right if it would have ended after the first half. But man did Michigan come on in the 2nd half. Or Northwestern fell apart however you want to look at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or