Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 01:04 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,793 times

Advertisements

Whenever you are getting insurance quotes make sure you are comparing apples to apples; liability limits, uninsured/under-insured limits, who is covered while driving your vehicle, coverage for YOUR vehicle, etc., loads of these low rate policies have low limits and no-one except you is covered unless you list them on the policy, and lots of other "oh shyte" exclusions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 01:19 PM

525 posts, read 899,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindseyup67 View Post
I have been with Farmers for years, and every year they jack the rates up! Anyone have any advice on car insurance (online is fine.) My credit rating is in the ****ter, but of course the fact that I have been driving for almost 30 years with ZERO accidents and only one ticket apparently has NO bearing on rates, as they base it on your credit....which I find to be absolute BS......thanks!
Farmers is expensive all those damn commercials

Old 10-17-2011, 05:00 PM

760 posts, read 2,441,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
i think i'll give them a call myself..you think they will insure me in flint?
Any independant insurance agent group should be able to quote multiple places for you.

For example, I recomended City Insurance in Marquette because I know that is a local one to the original poster but I actually use Young Insurance in Rockford, MI.
Why?? Because I really like the agent I was paired with when I first switched to them 8 years ago.
I've moved a lot since then and everytime I move I call her up to give her the new address and then she runs all new quotes for me to make sure I'm getting the best deal.

And yes, you have to compare apples to apples as someone else stated above.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:21 PM

76 posts, read 122,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Read the policy carefully.

You get what you pay for.

That is why EVERYONE needs uninsured and UNDERINSURED $500,000/$500,000.

People are buying cheap policies and they all have limits.
Excellent advice!

Old 10-17-2011, 07:20 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
Here's something that a person might not think about.
Which auto insurance companies DON'T use a credit score when deciding rates?
Credit Scores and Insurance - How Credit Scores Affect Insurance Quotes and Insurance Policies

Old 10-17-2011, 08:17 PM

278 posts, read 1,001,840 times
I was with State Farm for years then bought a Pacifica in 2004. They wanted over $3000 a yr for it. So I called Geiko, Progressive and local places.. All wanted over $2000 a yr. I found Unitrin Direct online and they only wanted $1200 a yr (discounted if you pay a year upfront) plus it was the exact same coverage as state farm... Now I drive a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan & a 98 Suburban and pay only $850 every 6 months for both! I have made claims with Unitrin and they have been awesome. I wont change for nothing!!

Old 10-17-2011, 08:17 PM

217 posts, read 591,592 times
So my best quote came from Citizens( who I have never heard of). For both vehicles, one full coverage and one crash and burn, $1800.00/year, which is $450.00/year cheaper than Farmers. I will prob be switching in a month when my policy is due for renewal! Thanks again, Jeeg!!

Old 10-18-2011, 01:39 AM

760 posts, read 2,441,178 times
Not a problem

My grandmother and my mother both used Citizens Insurance for years.

Don't be afraid to contact Unitrin Direct that Needing More mentioned and get a quote from them. Just make sure the policy coverage amounts are the same (again, comparing apples to apples).
I know my insurance agent doesn't contract them so I'll be checking them out myself when my contract is up.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:08 AM

810 posts, read 3,306,648 times
If you want to save more money, raise your deductible to either $500 or $1,000 instead of $250.

Each year I shop around. If I find a better quote, my current insurance company will match it.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:15 AM

217 posts, read 591,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeg View Post
Not a problem

My grandmother and my mother both used Citizens Insurance for years.

Don't be afraid to contact Unitrin Direct that Needing More mentioned and get a quote from them. Just make sure the policy coverage amounts are the same (again, comparing apples to apples).
I know my insurance agent doesn't contract them so I'll be checking them out myself when my contract is up.
I checked them out....Unitrin Reviews ane YIKES! I think I will avoid this company!!! I may be good for you, but not for 99% of the reviewers!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan