U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-07-2011, 07:58 AM

15,820 posts, read 28,770,064 times
I like it a lot better than our other choices (Dominoes, HUngr Howies, Pizza hut and a couple of local non-chain places. My wife is indifferent and several of our kids hate it and will not eat it. One of our kids used to hate it and now loves it.

It is all a matter of taste. While there are some pizzas the pretty much all people will agree are mediocre or terrible, this is not one of them.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 08:16 AM

208 posts, read 336,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro623 View Post
The real question is, however, does Marquette need another pizza place?
IMO, no. Seems like one in every two new businesses up here is a new pizza joint. Already got Little Caesar's, Domino's, Papa Murphy's, Aubrey's, Rodney's, Pizza Hut, plus restaurants like Vango's and Portside that serve pizza. Toarmina's closed (I think) and the location Rodney's is at used to be another pizza outfit before they closed. Hungry Howie's also closed a few years ago. Competition is always welcome, but it just feels like we're at pizza overload already.

The chain I think would do really well up here is an Olive Garden. Not my favorite place in the world by any means, though my fiancee loves it, and I swear like every woman I talk to says, "I wish we had an Olive Garden up here!"

Old 11-07-2011, 04:11 PM

71 posts, read 55,308 times
Vango's is pretty decent pizza.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:56 PM

253 posts, read 185,356 times
Jet's is pretty good, but the best Michigan pizza for my money is Guido's Pizza. Guido's Pizza . Just amazing Deep Dish.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:00 PM

28 posts, read 29,903 times
Default Love it

I love love love Jets Pizza! Especially the BLT pizza..the crust is seriously like toast...It is so good!

Old 11-08-2011, 08:28 PM

14,243 posts, read 11,191,165 times
Jets is good for commercial pizza, but is definitely the only pizza you cannot eat cold!

Old 11-08-2011, 09:06 PM

5,263 posts, read 2,254,496 times
I had jet's one time and thought it was tasty, but light on the cheese - my opinion.
I said it on another thread, but square deep dish from Around The Korner carryout on Holbrook in Hamtramck had a nice charred crust with quality cheese.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:49 AM

674 posts, read 857,134 times
Ah, that explains it. Unless they have a place in the airport, I'll never taste it. That whole 248/947 area code is a zone I try to avoid and will only travel there if there's no other choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
If you would like to educate yourself more about them, here are some more links (in addition to the one in my original post) with information you can look through.

Buddy's Pizza - Detroit's #1 Square Pizza Since 1946

Visit Shield's Across Metro Detroit!

Old 11-09-2011, 04:32 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,524,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow_temp View Post
Ah, that explains it. Unless they have a place in the airport, I'll never taste it. That whole 248/947 area code is a zone I try to avoid and will only travel there if there's no other choice.
I don't mind the 248, it's the 586 I can't stand.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:57 PM

138 posts, read 181,900 times
pizza sales in detroit area are very competative,all are generic productions with slight variations of sauce and dough ingrediences. jets sprays edges with butter to get crusty edge,all use a low quality mozzerella cheese to cut costs,most pallets cant tell the difference,toppings are cut razor thin to save costs,that being said, if you what a quality low cost pizza go to gordon food or bulk store (sam's, costco) get yourself 25 lb bag of bread flour,block of whole milk mozzerella cheese,bulk yeast and fresh toppings of your choice,i buy Dei Fratelli all purpose italian sauce 28oz can and doll it up with a little garlic, oregeno,bazil leaf,or you can use it right out of the can,or any other sauce that you like.i use wifeys mixer with knead hooks and make several individual pie batches at once and freeze them and cut block cheese to individual sizes and freeze it and freeze the sauce.when you want a pizza crank oven to 475-500 degree, nuke to thaw the dough,cheese,sauce.spinkle pie pan with a little corn meal so crust doesn't stick, roll dough out,put on pie pan add the sauce,then the cheese and then your other items you want on top.Oven should be ready,pop your masterpiece in the oven and set the timer for 13 min.if you want crunchy crust ,brush melted butter about 10 minutes into the cooking ,when you pull that baby out you'll have a pie that is better than any parlor pie.keep practicing and you'll get good and fast at assemby and variations of what you like , now if you dont have the time or the ambition to make a premium pie ,you might as well buy a little ceasers hot and now for 5 bucks to get you by,but my company always asks me when im going to make another one of my pizzas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan