Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 04:57 PM

864 posts, read 1,720,638 times

Advertisements

I think their 8 corner pizza is pretty special; it's like they cook their crust in crack cocaine - it's that addicting. One of the best pizza's I've tasted. BC pizza is OK. I've never even heard of Buddy's/Loui's/Shield's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Jet's Pizza is generic, nothing special pizza. Then again, I was raised in metro NYC so that describes any pizza I've had outside my own kitchen here in Traverse City
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 05:22 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,741,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow_temp View Post
I've never even heard of Buddy's/Loui's/Shield's.
If you would like to educate yourself more about them, here are some more links (in addition to the one in my original post) with information you can look through.

Buddy's Pizza - Detroit's #1 Square Pizza Since 1946

Visit Shield's Across Metro Detroit!

Old 11-06-2011, 05:26 PM

1,900 posts, read 5,905,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
If you would like to educate yourself more about them, here are some more links (in addition to the one in my original post) with information you can look through.

Buddy's Pizza - Detroit's #1 Square Pizza Since 1946

Visit Shield's Across Metro Detroit!
I just had Buddy's today at Pointe Plaza. I haven't had it in a while. It was pretty good.

Don't forget Cloverleaf in Eastpointe. It's nearly identical. I know of two more Cloverleaves, one in St. Clair Shores and one in Clinton Township but I don't know if they're affiliated.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:30 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,741,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by us66 View Post
I just had Buddy's today at Pointe Plaza. I haven't had it in a while. It was pretty good.

Don't forget Cloverleaf in Eastpointe. It's nearly identical. I know of two more Cloverleaves, one in St. Clair Shores and one in Clinton Township but I don't know if they're affiliated.
Cloverleaf was founded by Gus Guerra. Buddy's was his original pizzeria (a blind pig during World War II) before he sold it off in the early 1950s and invested in the Cloverleaf.

Personally Loui's is my favorite, on 9 Mile and Dequindre. I haven't tried Shield's yet.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:36 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,246,280 times
In the Petoskey, Harbor Springs area, I'll take Mighty Fine or Randy's Mighty Good pizza over anything around. In over 3 year of living in AK I couldn't find a pie that even came close.

I'll try Jet's one day, but after hearing they cook a crispy crust, it maybe quite some time before I do.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:47 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,071,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
In the Petoskey, Harbor Springs area, I'll take Mighty Fine or Randy's Mighty Good pizza over anything around. In over 3 year of living in AK I couldn't find a pie that even came close.

I'll try Jet's one day, but after hearing they cook a crispy crust, it maybe quite some time before I do.
The crust is even better when you have them do Turbo crust (Butter, Garlic and Romano flavored)

Old 11-06-2011, 06:26 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,900,055 times
I'm not crazy about Jets..but I love their rectangle pizza with bacon, green olives and fetta cheese.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:51 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,446,754 times
One of the best pizzas in northern Michigan is Spicy Bob's chicken bacon ranch offering. It is really fantastic.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:35 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,852,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
It's on purpose. See the link in my previous post.

It is interesting though that many people prefer Little Caesars over Jets Pizza. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Not us. Little Caesars is like the "not enough time to order need to get something now" pizza.

Our Jets (here) is way better, as far as chain pizza takeout/delivery goes.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:40 AM

51 posts, read 87,112 times
Jet's is good pizza. At least 1000 times better than Little Caesar's. As for the crust, I have never had it "burnt" as some may say. The real question is, however, does Marquette need another pizza place? What other type of business/restaurant could do well in MQT? I'm thinking a Panera Bread would be nice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan