Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 12:49 PM

42 posts, read 83,344 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. We have moved to Portage and I am trying to find a good general doctor. Any suggestions would be a huge help! It is difficult to just pick a Dr without knowing anything about them. I have called a couple offices and they are either not accepting new patients or they can't get me in until September. I currently need to see a Dr for a back problem and can't find a place.
Also wondering which hospital to choose; Borgess or Bronson? What do you like about each of them?
Thank you to anyone living in the area that can offer some advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 08:03 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,138,779 times
I liked Westside Family Medical Center 6565 West Main St. across the street from the Miejers on the South side of West Main between 8th St and 131. Their office visits were reasonable and they got me right in, no long wait time in the lobby either.

I had an outpatient surgery at Borgess Medical Center on Gull Rd. and IMO they are top notch.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:16 AM

412 posts, read 679,573 times
ProMed at Center and 131 in Portage has some great doctors, NP's, and an efficient urgent care.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:58 PM

235 posts, read 536,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
I liked Westside Family Medical Center 6565 West Main St. across the street from the Miejers on the South side of West Main between 8th St and 131. Their office visits were reasonable and they got me right in, no long wait time in the lobby either.

I had an outpatient surgery at Borgess Medical Center on Gull Rd. and IMO they are top notch.
This is where I went growing up, and my parents still go there--seeing Dr. Dandois. Great guy and practitioner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: