Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,434 times

Advertisements

If you are smart? You will stay out of Michigan. The State in anti-business and could care less if you succeed. They have their own OSHA and EPA but worse than that, their Tax people will attack every few years with huge assessments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 11:22 AM

214 posts, read 672,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upyournose View Post
If you are smart? You will stay out of Michigan. The State in anti-business and could care less if you succeed. They have their own OSHA and EPA but worse than that, their Tax people will attack every few years with huge assessments
What does this even mean? Perhaps you could provide details rather than registering for an attack to air an obvious grievance.

I've done business in this state for years without trouble. What state agency levies assessments? That's usually for the local municipalities.

Something stinks here.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:47 AM

447 posts, read 1,244,178 times
What the heck? Speak English and learn to make a point.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:25 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,178,045 times
Quote:
HUH? OSHA and EPA are federal aren't they? And are you saying it's better to violate leath and saftey laws? That business should be exempt from polluting the environmet for the sake of profit?
And attacking tax people? Like a mob or do they go one-on-one?

Old 03-20-2012, 03:06 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,831,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
HUH? OSHA and EPA are federal aren't they? And are you saying it's better to violate leath and saftey laws? That business should be exempt from polluting the environmet for the sake of profit?
And attacking tax people? Like a mob or do they go one-on-one?
I think it's like fight club. And you know what they say about fight club...

Old 03-20-2012, 04:00 PM

12,082 posts, read 38,813,822 times
Quote:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa! Boooooooo Hoooooooooo.
There, fixed it for you. Now it says what you were trying to say.

As for OSHA & the EPA... every State has their own. Maybe you should be a bit more well versed in the ways of business and how States operate before making stupid points that apply to every State and trying to make it sound bad for just one. LOL

Quote:
http://www.osha.gov/dcsp/osp/index.html
Section 18 of the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (the Act) encourages States to develop and operate their own job safety and health programs. OSHA approves and monitors State plans.
Here is a list for each of the States and US Territories EPA offices

Old 03-20-2012, 07:34 PM

494 posts, read 803,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
I think it's like fight club. And you know what they say about fight club...

I cannot believe i just read that considering what Snyder has done for the business community in the state. Which makes it the best in the region the last time i checked? Reasons why the economy/jobs are turning around in this state.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:37 AM

118 posts, read 283,551 times
I don't think i've ever met anyone who thought their state was "pro-business." But your reasoning is alarming.... usually it's anti-business because of high taxes... but you suggest it's anti-business because the environmental protection laws are too strict?!

Maybe if you're making huge profits turning Michigan into a polluted wasteland then you don't care much because you'll probably by a house in a state that isn't a landfill, but the rest of us have to live here. Michigan has a great wealth of natural beauty and compared to that resource your profits mean nothing to me.

If you can't find a way to make a living without destroying the natural landscape of our state then adios amigo.

Believe me when I say that you won't be missed.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:11 PM

9 posts, read 9,729 times
i suspect "upyournose" is in the homebuilding business, osha and the epa along federal energy codes are currently taking what little pprofit margin we used to have and sucked it out of our pockets.
in a down economy we have been forced to considerably raise prices to comply with a fishnet of state and federal regs not to mention licensing requirements. drowning an industy in red tape does not promote business in any way. snyder is trying but in a state run by the unions and welfare programs even a good business cannot flourish.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:33 AM

2,544 posts, read 4,277,833 times
There's a glut of empty houses in this state. Why would there be any market at all for new home construction. You guys rode the boom pretty hard, now you have to ride the bust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan