Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 02:22 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,099,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
I'm just curious Sunnyandcloudy,

is there some reason why you are on the Michigan forum? Nothing wrong with it, just never seen you here. Are you from Michigan?

Obviously you are on the Chicago forum and you live in the southwest suburbs.

You do understand that everything south and east of the Stevenson (I-55) in Chicagoland is exactly comparable to Wayne and Macomb counties in metro Detroit. Right? Just thought you should know.

Some south suburbanites are the worst offenders of clinging to Chicagos cosmopolitan image. Because they know very well that Tinley Park is basically a major white flight suburb for generational south side Irish to move out of the south side. One can throw a rock from the edge of Tinley Park and watch it land in a cornfield. Well, in some parts that might be an exaggeration. But anyways, where you live is classic Great Lakes, rustbelt segregation.

If you are simply unaware of what other midwest metro areas are like I do apologize for the rant. But it is my BIGGEST pet peeve when people from lame, conservative, boring Chicago suburbs think that their world is somehow special because they live in the same county as downtown Chicago.

Yea I am very familiar with Michigan..
But seriouslly what business is that of yours?

You read into the post and decided to trash on me because i do not conform to your mindset of Michigan.

Please dont insult me with your temper tantrums if someone disagrees with your way of thinking.

You should embrace the different opinions of others vs. thinking everyone should be clones.

That is a pet peeve of mine.
Besides it was funny Michissippi .... where is your sense of humor..
For god sakes we all know what you people say about Illinois for that matter.!!!!!

Gee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 02:42 PM

428 posts, read 900,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
There must be a lot of Chicagolanders who like west Michigan because they flock there every weekend.

OMG you can always tell who they are besides there license plates.. In restraunats, stores, in line or wherever... There the ones standing in line overdressed, have an attitude, and just plain wayyyyy tooo pretty... I HATE tourist season its always sooo much easier to go some place when they are not around. Theres a reason there called FIPS...

Old 04-01-2012, 06:05 PM

1,149 posts, read 1,590,261 times
Considering the amount of stupid Confedrate flags I see in a state that is famous for its contributions to the Union in the war...and all the endless country music I hear...yes, unfortunately Michigan is a Southern state, with the exception of Lansing, Saginaw, Flint, and Detroit.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:53 PM

3,119 posts, read 6,600,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VM1138 View Post
Considering the amount of stupid Confedrate flags I see in a state that is famous for its contributions to the Union in the war...and all the endless country music I hear...yes, unfortunately Michigan is a Southern state, with the exception of Lansing, Saginaw, Flint, and Detroit.
People listen to modern country music EVERYWHERE, including overseas. The music has been commercialized to the point where it is really just a different flavor of pop music. Country artists routinely go to places like Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore, etc. and play for sold-out crowds. The fact that people in rural Michigan listen to pop country music does not make it southern in the least. It makes it... the same as everywhere else.

You know how you can tell if you're in a REAL southern state? When every small town has a bluegrass band and people learn how to play the banjo and steel guitar from grandpa. People listen to country music up here, but it is not woven into the fabric of the people like it is down south.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:04 PM

428 posts, read 900,377 times
<~~~ Not that big of fan of country music and doesnt own a confederate flag and Im in Michigan LOL

Old 04-01-2012, 07:08 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,737,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
Yea I am very familiar with Michigan..
But seriouslly what business is that of yours?

You read into the post and decided to trash on me because i do not conform to your mindset of Michigan.

Please dont insult me with your temper tantrums if someone disagrees with your way of thinking.

You should embrace the different opinions of others vs. thinking everyone should be clones.

That is a pet peeve of mine.
Besides it was funny Michissippi .... where is your sense of humor..
For god sakes we all know what you people say about Illinois for that matter.!!!!!

Gee
I personally think Illinois is a beautiful state, one of the best in the country.

Last edited by 313Weather; 04-01-2012 at 07:36 PM..

Old 04-01-2012, 07:31 PM

3,119 posts, read 6,600,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
I personally think Illinois is a beautiful state, one of the best in the city.
I also love Illinois, especially downtown Illinois. Also a big fan of the Illinois Cubs.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:38 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,737,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan83 View Post
I also love Illinois, especially downtown Illinois. Also a big fan of the Illinois Cubs.
I wasn't aware of any state having its own downtown (capitol, yes, but not downtown), nor was I aware of an entire state that has its own professional sports team.

I guess you learn something new everyday here on C-D.

I also learned that Philadelphia will be the next Manhattan, lol.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:57 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,099,444 times
Michigan is a top state for snomobilers.

Many a friend have spent weekends up in the Cadillac area.

Snowmobiling in Mississippi is impossible

Old 04-01-2012, 08:05 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,640,428 times
Confederate flags????? I've never seen even one in Michigan. I don't know where folks up here are into confederate flags. I don't see Michigan as anything like a southern state. People have different tastes in music all over the country. Interlochen is an enclave for classical music which is my personal favorite. Jazz is popular there too. I drive around with Bill Evans playing in my car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan