Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 06:12 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,610,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectwanda1 View Post
Ha Ha

"troll" is michigan-yooper speak for people who live below the bridge

DO check out Marquette. We LOVE Marquette.

Lots of pristine Lake Superior shoreline and you have all the big city perks. Lots of restaurants, all kinds of shopping, Marquette General Hospital (great hospital), Marquette University, and wonderfull people.

Actually I do believe Marquette Michigan was placed on a top 10 (?) place to retire. Not sure if it was an AARP, Money Magazine or CNN article. But it indeed was a top pick. Inexpensive to live, good quality health care, access to restaurants and shopping....We go there at lease once a month!

W

Marquette University is in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 02:42 PM

56 posts, read 188,553 times
Default oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Marquette University is in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

You are correct.

The University is not Marquette University.....it is in fact Northern Michigan University of Marquette (in Marquette,MI)

However, the Hospital is in fact Marquette General...and I do know....because I was recently a patient there.

And they were terrific!

W

Old 05-02-2012, 04:36 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,267,326 times
Talking UP Jelly/Jam/Preserves made in MI UP

Hubby & I love the UP. Last year we did the west side of the state, all along lake Michigan, up thru leland, traverse city across the mackinaw bridge, up to the UP to Paradise up to Whitefish point. Just loved it. LOVED the rocks !!! Everyone on C-D on the MI thread helped us out with our MI info/traveling advice.
We had planned to come back this year, but I really doubt it. The house is getting a remodel. Were not quite 1/3 way thru it, but working hard. If we don't make it this year we will be coming to MI next year.
We plan to get to Marquette & go north west from there. In the copper country.

On our way back last year we stopped at a gas station that had this & that in it. I found some jelly I thought my Mom would like, it was made in the Keewanaw area. I bought it, she loved it...but so did my Brother who took the jar when it was almost empty & threw it away. He called the number to the ladies who made it, but he decided not to take the chance to having the jars of jelly sent. He was afraid they would break.

Now... I don't have any info. other than 2 older ladies make it & they make many, many kinds of different berry jellies. Even some sugar free.
By chance does anyone have a clue who these ladies are in Keewanaw or the name of the label on the jelly that they go by ?

Thanks in advance...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan