Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 07:22 AM

71 posts, read 278,451 times

Advertisements

A Google search has turned up a great sounding public pool in Alpena. Can anyone tell me if there are any indoor pools open to the public, in Cheboygan, Presque Isle, Alcona, and Iosco counties?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 02:59 PM

550 posts, read 2,051,930 times
There are no "public" pools indoors in Cheboygan that I know of...HOWEVER, growing up we would swim at the UAW (which is closer to Alpena kind of) of course I am sure we had to pay something....There are some hotels in Mackinaw where you can swim at their pools for a small fee...including one of the "indoor waterparks"...we used to rent them for birthday parties when i was growing up....including the pool at the best western in cheboygan...

good luck finding a pool!

Old 04-13-2012, 03:38 PM

71 posts, read 278,451 times
Thanks, Mo. We're house shopping in northern michigan. Alpena has a lot of the things we're looking for.....a pool being one. We just wondered if there were others in the region.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:25 AM

16 posts, read 36,528 times
Default Rogers City

I don't believe there is a public pool in Presque Isle except for the Driftwood Inn. They open their pool to the public for $5 as long as they aren't too busy. But there are plenty of other places to swim!

Old 06-02-2013, 09:53 PM

6 posts, read 11,475 times
atlanta, mi a1 sands hotel has a nice one

Old 06-04-2013, 04:22 PM

1,742 posts, read 4,001,223 times
Don't know if it's still there, but Gaylord had a indoor public pool and ice skating rink.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:21 PM

275 posts, read 441,638 times
We've been living an hour north of Alpena for about a year and a half, and haven't come across any indoor pools. There are plenty of "swimmin' holes", though. Our favorite is Ocqueoc Falls. Come July that's where you'll find us most of the time when we're looking for somewhere to cool off. You'll also find us at the beach on Lake Huron, just north of Rogers City, after a few calm days when the shallow water has a chance to warm up a bit. We will sometimes hit Onaway State Park to swim at the small beach there in the campground.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:25 PM

550 posts, read 2,051,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Wojo View Post
We've been living an hour north of Alpena for about a year and a half, and haven't come across any indoor pools. There are plenty of "swimmin' holes", though. Our favorite is Ocqueoc Falls. Come July that's where you'll find us most of the time when we're looking for somewhere to cool off. You'll also find us at the beach on Lake Huron, just north of Rogers City, after a few calm days when the shallow water has a chance to warm up a bit. We will sometimes hit Onaway State Park to swim at the small beach there in the campground.
Ah, how I LOVE swimming in Ocqueoc Falls and Hammond Bay beach has got to be my favorite beach on Lake Huron...perfectly sandy and not too shallow When I was a counselor at Camp Walden, I took campers on field trips to both locations to swim!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan