Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 08:11 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga Jerk View Post
That is the best way to get rid of a body...or so I've heard.
If you're interested in Hoffa and the mob's ties with the Teamsters, I highly recommend the book.

Sure, Sheeran could have lied about his involvement in Hoffa's death, but it seems unlikely and he was undisputably a trusted friend/associate of Hoffa and hit man both for the Teamsters and for the mafia.

On a side note, I'd always heard about the Teamsters connection to organized crime back in those days, but this book was very illuminating. And the way Hoffa was threatening to air all the dirty laundry to get his seat of power back in the union after he got out of jail, it's not surprising at all that he "dissappeared."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 04:51 PM

2,544 posts, read 4,283,360 times
I think it's being generous if I call it "highly unlikely".

I always figured he was under the Silverdome.

I kinda miss the Machus restaurants, the Red Fox where he was last seen as well as its smaller sibling, the Sly Fox.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:47 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
If you're interested in Hoffa and the mob's ties with the Teamsters, I highly recommend the book.

Sure, Sheeran could have lied about his involvement in Hoffa's death, but it seems unlikely and he was undisputably a trusted friend/associate of Hoffa and hit man both for the Teamsters and for the mafia.

On a side note, I'd always heard about the Teamsters connection to organized crime back in those days, but this book was very illuminating. And the way Hoffa was threatening to air all the dirty laundry to get his seat of power back in the union after he got out of jail, it's not surprising at all that he "dissappeared."
My grandfather said all that stuff was true.

He was the first secretary of the Teamsters.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:00 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
My grandfather said all that stuff was true.

He was the first secretary of the Teamsters.
I'm sure he had some stories to tell and probably literally knew were some of the bodies were burried.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:16 AM

91 posts, read 155,526 times
You mean he isn't living with Elvis and Jim Morrison in Kalamazoo?

Old 10-05-2012, 02:41 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,064,729 times
Is Hoffa buried under some guy's driveway? Nah! It's just another one of those legendary "Wild Hoffa chases" that crop up about once every 5 years or so.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:47 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,793 times
When the right persons want you gone, you are.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:26 PM

2 posts, read 2,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YohnCarter View Post
You mean he isn't living with Elvis and Jim Morrison in Kalamazoo?
hey. I was just thinking the same thing - that hoffa was rent-buddies with elvis in k'zoo.

I didn't know jim morrison was out there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: