Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 07:48 AM

2,210 posts, read 3,493,920 times

Advertisements

Have you taken a look at the company reviews on Glassdoor.com?

If you do interview, do have questions ready. You are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you. That should give you some insight to their culture and values.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 08:33 AM

52 posts, read 344,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Digby Sellers View Post
Have you taken a look at the company reviews on Glassdoor.com?

If you do interview, do have questions ready. You are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you. That should give you some insight to their culture and values.
Yes I have been all over Glass Door the past several weeks and it is something else! The negative to positive ratio is like 97% to 3%. I will compile a list of my own questions. I just hope they don't get pissed because of what I am asking.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:01 AM

1,648 posts, read 3,271,575 times
Keep in mind that the only people who complain are those ones who post on those websites. I would put 5% of truth and 95% of bitterness to every post whether its a restaurant review, work environment or not. Think about it, if they have X thousands of employees - they must be doing something right. If Slows has 1.5 hr waits on a Saturday night, it must be doing something right - even though you're sure to read the negatives because those people have an axe to grind. One suggestion might be to just go downtown (Chase Building) by Campus Martius and ask questions to people/coming and going. Most would be willing to give you a quick 30 seconds.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:50 AM

2,210 posts, read 3,493,920 times
Also keep in mind that sales is a demanding environment that requires a unique skill set, and a lot of people who washed out of that environment will likely be frustrated by their experience.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:24 AM

936 posts, read 2,068,067 times
My cousin works for them and she seems to be happy

Old 05-23-2013, 08:14 AM

1 posts, read 4,934 times
I think that might be coming out there ass im interviewing there right now and waiting for a job, and the mortgage bankers are layed back and not only like what they are doing but believe in what they are doing. I almost think these bad reviews are made up by some other companies afraid of quickens growth and customer satisfaction.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:55 AM

1,742 posts, read 4,001,223 times
I work at a bank and we have a lot of former Quicken employees. I interviewed with Quicken and the interview consisted of me trying to sell satellite service to an HR person over the phone. I got the vibe that I was just going to be a telemarketer. How I understood it you received leads through websites like Lending Tree and called those customers. In a way it was cold calling. The customer was applying for a refinance but not directly through Quicken. The training is long because according to the NMLS Safe Act, you have to be federally licensed to be a loan originator. That involves 24 hours of training and passing a test. Once you pass the federal test, you have to be licensed in each state. Being that Quicken originates mortgages all over the country, that's a lot of licenses. As I understand, you won't have to be licensed in all 50 states but rather territories. The advantage to Quicken is they don't care if you know anything about mortgages. All they care about is can you sell. They're basically looking for used car salesmen. They pay for your licensing and training. After awhile you can take that licensing and training and use it to leverage a new job at another company. Quicken is good if you want to break into the industry.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:08 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarie2010 View Post
You tried to sue them for what exactly? What guy? The loan officer?
My fingers are dyslexic sometimes. I tried to use them to refinance.

Whomever they assigned to handle my refinance was either crazy or on drugs. I tried to get someone else but no where with it, it was not worth a lot of effort to get a different representative, there are tons of other really good places to refi. We discovered we need to pay down our mortgage a bit more anyway, so we are getting that done, then we will find some other company to help us with the refi.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:17 AM

1,648 posts, read 3,271,575 times
If you're looking to get a mortage (or a refi) you should go to a website that aggregates all the rates at the same time. (e.g. Bankrate) Then choose the cheapest option. I wouldn't advice making decisions about a mortgage based on how nice or helpful someone was - at the end of the day - that's just money you're throwing away. Mortgage Rates in Detroit, Michigan by Bankrate

Old 05-23-2013, 10:33 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
If you're looking to get a mortage (or a refi) you should go to a website that aggregates all the rates at the same time. (e.g. Bankrate) Then choose the cheapest option. I wouldn't advice making decisions about a mortgage based on how nice or helpful someone was - at the end of the day - that's just money you're throwing away. Mortgage Rates in Detroit, Michigan by Bankrate
I will look at that, thank you. We probably need someone to help us find lenders that will work with us outside the computer system parameters. In general we have not found any significant added costs from using a good broker, but the last time I got a big loan it was through a friends wife who was VP of a bank, and before that, they did not have things like Bankerate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan