Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 12:34 PM

915 posts, read 1,497,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitnut View Post

Does Kalamazoo and the surrounding area have a lot going on in the areas I just mentioned?

If you like outdoor activities, then there is plenty to do.

Are there any trader joes, whole foods or a grocery store that is equivilant to those two chains?

No. My friends from K-zoo go to AA or Detroit for Trader Joes or Whole Foods. I don't know if there are smaller stores in the area. (I haven't lived there for years!)

Are there lots of healthy alternative places to eat out?

K-zoo is a college town and there are a lot of places to eat out. Also, there's Grand Rapids and Battle Creek if you can't find something in Kalamazoo.

We like the Kalamazoo area better but the schools seem better in portage. I don't want to send my kids to school where safety is an issue but portage seems so sterile! Help!

Portage isn't hip, but they do have good schools. I would have loved it had my parents moved into that school district. Kalamazoo's more iffy, but a lot of people have moved into the district because of the K-promise.
I grew up in Kalamazoo, but outside of Portage or Kalamazoo Schools the districts are a lot smaller.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan