Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 09:36 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Digby Sellers View Post
A microbrewery is opening in Brighton??
OH YEAH....at Main and First (at the tracks) in the old Hotel...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 11:34 AM

123 posts, read 224,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkeith View Post
Yes, the Farmington/Farmington Hills area has a strong sense of community. Neighborhoods are lovely and stable. Schools are excellent and are certainly well supported by parents. I live here and wouldn't want to live anywhere else in SE Michigan. Really! And I moved here from another state.
There aren't anywhere near 25,000 apartment units either, for heaven's sake. That's silly. Maybe a tenth of that.
But, for the Poster... if you will work in Milford, it just makes sense to me that you might want to look around there first and see what's available.
My response might have sounded a little harsh, Farmington Hills is a nice area I should know I did K-12 there. Also I had heard the 25,000 number a while back but should have checked before I posted. I just checked SEMCOG's website under community profiles. There are 13,611 multi-unit apartments in Farmington and Farmington Hills.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:40 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,861,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoletsgo View Post
My response might have sounded a little harsh, Farmington Hills is a nice area I should know I did K-12 there. Also I had heard the 25,000 number a while back but should have checked before I posted. I just checked SEMCOG's website under community profiles. There are 13,611 multi-unit apartments in Farmington and Farmington Hills.

I was just waiting for someone to give me the specific numbers, thanks. This is a data site, after all.
But really, the whole of SE MI is packed with apartment complexes, especially the outskirts of large suburbs, of which F/FH is one of the very largest. I was stunned when I first saw this, driving though the whole of Detroit Metro as a new-comer. Farmington Hills is large, but neighborhoods are awesome and friendly. Farmington is cozy and has old downtown. It's fun! Amazing parks and now a new ice rink at Riley Park in Downtown.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:12 PM

131 posts, read 480,360 times
I disagree as to Farmington Hills. My brother and my parents lived there. My sister and other brother lived just over the 14 Mile boundary at 14 and Middlebelt. I know this area pretty well. Farmington Hills has a good local acting theater, good high schools, library and city services, but it feels like sprawling suburbia. Milford and Northville would be my vote. I thinking Farmington (not Hills) is shaping up nicely. I think it was hit hard by 2007 but it looks nice now and the city is working on the downtown.

I'm also going to do a "write in" vote for Plymouth. It has an establish downtown, good schools, good city services, is highly walkable, and has lots of local affairs and events. It also has an old school town square which it actively uses.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:53 AM

2,063 posts, read 1,861,178 times
The outer boundary areas of all of the above-mentioned suburbs are becoming very developed, some more than others. They are ticky-tacky new developments; close together, no trees, few parks. Some are practically right on the freeway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan