Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 06:15 PM

167 posts, read 431,454 times

Advertisements

Tis true indeed my friends. She will be the one! I caught a little tid bit a couple of weeks ago about president Bush endorsing Hillary for Pres. Has anyone else heard this? A Republican President endorsing a Democratic Senator for President? Talk about crossing party lines!

Old 12-01-2007, 11:00 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times
I would go along with your idea, Sparrow, if you changed the wording to read "whoever pays the largest percentage of their income in taxes." If you're talking sheer dollars, a system like the one you propose would change nothing -- the Ford family and the other Fortune 500 heirs are already loading the dice in their own favor and in many ways running the country. Thank Cod, Scrod and Little Saint Flod that corporations aren't allowed to vote.

Old 12-01-2007, 05:52 PM

864 posts, read 1,720,839 times
The idea was for the people who are actually having money being confiscated by the government to have more of a say in government than those who don't. This might make more sense in local government where property tax is the big money source -- it infuriates me that those who don't own property get to vote to take money away from me to receive some public benefit but don't themselves have to pay for it. In this case it's a renter vs homeowner thing.

Expand this to the federal level with the national income tax now -- why should somebody who doesn't pay income tax have a say in where the tax money goes? This segment of the population who either don't pay tax or get back more in benefits than what they pay in to the government is becoming a larger and larger voting block. Our politicians now court this voting block by promising to expand benefits and thus have to take this money from those who are paying taxes. When those who don't pay outnumber those who do, what's the sense of ever listening to those that do?

Old 12-01-2007, 05:55 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,645,946 times
i think it will be another dead on tie like last time between hillary and rudy with rudy the winner and then hillary throwing a fit like gore did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan