Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 07:55 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,097,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Could you imagine the vitriolic response from the Left Wing if a conservative asked for a conservative doctor?
No schmidt. And quite rightly so (and I say this as a liberal-leaning person.)

In all my years of seeing health care professionals and doctors, and many years living with a doctor, it has never once occurred to me to correlate political leanings with competence. Or even ask, or ponder about such.

OP, why not call every doctor's office in Traverse City and ask about their socio-political stance on what seems to matter to you?
I'm serious, actually, although I imagine that the chorus of laughter throughout the county would reverberate for a long time. But it might get you what you think you are looking for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 08:59 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,899,387 times
Quote:
Could you imagine the vitriolic response from the Left Wing if a conservative asked for a conservative doctor?
Yeah, let's just sit back for a moment and imagine that..... BFD - go ahead and ask.
I would not give a damn. Most considerate, moderate, and non-authoritarian human beings (liberals to you) believe in live-and-let-live.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:14 PM

12,082 posts, read 38,728,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Yeah, let's just sit back for a moment and imagine that..... BFD - go ahead and ask.
I would not give a damn. Most considerate, moderate, and non-authoritarian human beings (liberals to you) believe in live-and-let-live.
LOL! Funniest thing I have read all day. Thanks for the laugh.

Old 01-26-2014, 11:57 PM

7,442 posts, read 6,967,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcchic View Post
That's not the reason. Liberals CAN be better at practicing medicine when the patient is anything but straight, white, and typical though. Not looking to get into a political discussion, just looking for a good referral.
But you asked a political question.

Old 01-27-2014, 04:56 AM

20,951 posts, read 19,401,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
But L. Brooks Patterson can't compare Detroit to an Indian Reservation, right?

Old 01-27-2014, 06:49 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,261,558 times
I'm not a physician, but I am an RN case manager who has several patients who are minorities and/or gay. I am a social conservative and I find the assumptions here very insulting. I treat all of my patients the same, regardless of race or sexual orientation, and none of them, if asked, would have any idea about my political leanings nor would I hope they would care. When you think of them all as equally human and treat them as such, why would politics ever even enter into it?

Liberals make me laugh...

Old 01-27-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
But L. Brooks Patterson can't compare Detroit to an Indian Reservation, right?
He didn't say it was. He said we should make it into something similar, more like a concentration camp. A reservation is not fenced in, which is what he desires.
You really need to stop the spin and concentrate on the topic at hand.
If somebody wants to seek out a politically oriented doc, go a freakin' head - no skin off my whatever.

Old 01-27-2014, 12:33 PM

110 posts, read 168,800 times
Perhaps it would be more fruitful for the original poster to ask about doctors who are unlikely to be flummoxed by whatever specific concern she, he, or ze has. For example, "Recommendation for transitioning friendly doctor in TC," or "Recommendation for LGBT accepting doctor in TC". There are liberals who are uncomfortable with transsexual-related health issues and conservatives who are fine working with, say, a lesbian in a committed relationship who wants to try to conceive through AI. Just tossing the word "liberal" in and hoping for a helpful response doesn't seem like it will be too effective.

Old 01-27-2014, 12:47 PM

750 posts, read 1,431,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
I'm not a physician, but I am an RN case manager who has several patients who are minorities and/or gay. I am a social conservative and I find the assumptions here very insulting. I treat all of my patients the same, regardless of race or sexual orientation, and none of them, if asked, would have any idea about my political leanings nor would I hope they would care. When you think of them all as equally human and treat them as such, why would politics ever even enter into it?

Liberals make me laugh...
I don't want to burst your bubble, but I do kind of "get" what the original poster was asking.

I switched OB-GYN's once when he went off on a tirade about my "promiscuity" and that I should "just tell your boyfriend (which he said in a very withering tone) to use rubbers!". I quietly pointed out to him that my original and continuing visits to him were for birth control pills which he originally prescribed for menstrual periods that lasted weeks at a time and put my hemoglobin levels in single digits. He would have known that if he'd looked at his own file notes. I was divorced, not sexually active at all, but he just assumed I was there for BC pills because I slept around.

Now that I think of it, he sounded just like Mike Huckabee!

Conservatives make me laugh!

Old 01-27-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post
I don't want to burst your bubble, but I do kind of "get" what the original poster was asking.

I switched OB-GYN's once when he went off on a tirade about my "promiscuity" and that I should "just tell your boyfriend (which he said in a very withering tone) to use rubbers!". I quietly pointed out to him that my original and continuing visits to him were for birth control pills which he originally prescribed for menstrual periods that lasted weeks at a time and put my hemoglobin levels in single digits. He would have known that if he'd looked at his own file notes. I was divorced, not sexually active at all, but he just assumed I was there for BC pills because I slept around.

Now that I think of it, he sounded just like Mike Huckabee!

Conservatives make me laugh!
Yep, to say that docs and others in medicine are above religion and politics just ain't correct - don't know how someone could believe otherwise. Tossing out something like "liberals make me laugh" sounds just like Rush Limbaugh.
Imagine being under the "care" of one of his dittoheads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan