Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 03:14 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,776,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave w View Post
I sold my condo myself by listing on craigslist, I was always getting calls on it. I sold it by holding a open house along with scheduled viewing appointments on the same days. Know your comps in the area and if the house is clean and desirable it will sell itself. Especially in this market.The title company did all the paper work and ended up being an easy transaction.
How did you know what your comps were? Zillow and Trulia are unreliable and most sale prices on county sites may not reflect what the true selling price was. So I was just curious what you use?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 10:07 AM

514 posts, read 858,277 times
Those three resources you mentioned are a good start. You can compare what is for sale in your area and what percentage of increase in value in your area. There were similar condos for sale on craigslist and you could get a feel for listing prices.
Square footage averages, amenities. You can start at a little higher price ,but ultimately the market is going to tell you what the value is. One problem was old comps from 2009-2011, there were much lower numbers from poor market conditions and foreclosures. that's why percent increase in the area I thought was important.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:13 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,066,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post

Well, as a buyer, you're spending a heck of a lot of money for a real estate deal. Don't be penny-wise and pound foolish.

That is why I use a real estate agent...Why would I accept out of pocket expenses when, as a buyer, the agent is free to me?

Old 02-05-2014, 11:04 AM

514 posts, read 858,277 times
I believe I payed the title company around 250.00 that included the closing at their office. The buyer gets a copy of the closing agreement ( before closing )showing mostly easements so utilities have access to the property for repairs. It's very important to look for liens on the property that have showed up. Lenders, contractors are finding it easy to go to the county building and slap a lien on the property for non payment. Even with a lien the current owner can pay the debt and get a release of lien so the purchase can advance. If you don't understand the contract get advice.

Old 06-08-2015, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Adri View Post
I have a condo in Northville that I would like to sell but do not want to pay the 6% commission. How legitimate are these "I Buy for Cash" kind of offers? If they are legit, does anyone know of a good reputable place? I'm trying to sell my condo by myself and then, if I'm not so lucky, use an agent. The condo is actually in a very good shape, less than 10 years old, very nice...My husband and I loved the place but his job got relocated. Thanks!
Dear Seller,
I am an individual looking to purchase a condo in Northville. Have you sold yours yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: