Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 11:15 AM

91 posts, read 296,501 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have interesting stories and tales to tell about Bigfoot, within the state of Michigan?

I hear he likes to eat pizza.

And what parts of the state does she live in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 11:39 AM

110 posts, read 168,574 times
The Animal Planet show Finding Bigfoot had an episode exploring Bigfoot sightings in the western UP.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:03 PM

1,217 posts, read 3,262,573 times
Only one I know is a guy I worked with when I lived up there swore one chase him while he was riding his mini bike. I laughed and he got mad lol

Old 03-05-2014, 04:24 AM

6,424 posts, read 13,162,896 times
Along the road NNW of Marquette.

Old 03-08-2014, 03:45 PM

540 posts, read 888,704 times
He was spotted in Livonia falling into a pothole. His body was never recovered.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:07 PM

260 posts, read 425,314 times
Sounds like another forum around here! http://www.city-data.com/forum/unexp...squatting.html

Old 04-26-2014, 08:49 PM

DATE: July 4, 1979

TIME: Midafternoon

TERRAIN: Wooded with hills

OBSERVED: It all started one hot summer afternoon when I was living with my
aunt and uncle, it was seven miles north of town. I was bored and decided to
drive up and see what a couple of my friends were up to. We were all about 16,
myself just two months past 16. After some consideration we decided to go for a
nature walk.
We all started out and walked up the steep hill that led into a field, I think
it was planted with some kind of beans. After entering the field we headed off
left, or north towards XXXX Road which would have been approxamately three miles
away through fields. We walked through woods, and fields for what seemed like
hours. Somewhere in the middle of this we came to a fenced in area that looked
to be about 5 or so acres. Inside the five strand barbed wire area were five or
six rows of evergreen trees, that were trimed up real nice to about seven to
eight feet up, and this whole area was mowed and trimmed real nice, yet there
was not a house or farm in sight, all this in the middle of no-where. This
estimation was easy to figure because XXXX was an easy six feet tall and once we
got into the field to the trees to rest in the shade, XXXX tried to grab the
branches to stretch and could barely reach them. We sat there awhile talking and
laughing then we all heard a strange deep groaning/grunting noise and smelled a
very strong odor similiar to rotten eggs. We all stopped and listened to try to
figure out what it was.

Now I was born and raised in Chicago Il. and was not to familiar with country
animals, or noises, and I was soon to learn that not one of the others had any
idea what was making the noise either. It sounded like it was getting closer,
so we all stood there looking around trying to figure the direction it was
coming from and then it sounded like it was right on top of us, no one asked any
questions and we all took off. When I turned around two of them were already
through the barbed wire fence, and I did the best I could to catch up and in
trying I dropped my water jug and stopped to pick it up. I turned to look back
and what ever it was was clearly in a crouching position, holding on the lower
branches of the same tree we were resting at staring after us. Take in mind that
a crouching position and reaching up to hold on to a branch that a six foot man
could barely reach, kind of like you would see a gorilla do at a zoo. It was
black and hairy, that was all I could see as far as color as it was in the shade
of the tree but the hair hanging off of the back of the upper arm and lower fore
arm. It made no attempt to come after us. This could not have been an
hallucination because it was four of us seen the same thing. When I stopped to
pick up my water jug, they all stopped to see what was holding me up and to urge
me on, and all the others witnessed this same thing. This was probably one of
the scariest moments of my life.

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESSES: Exploring and walking

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE: Very tall, with long arms. It had dark, shiny hair
that you could see moving in the slight breeze that was blowing.

OTHER NOTES:

FOLLOW UPS:

OTHER SIGHTINGS IN THIS AREA: Yes prior to this when I was still 15 and living
with the same aunt and uncle I was visiting with my friend watching TV until
after dark. When it came time to go, I left walking down the driveway adjacent
to XXXX driveway/property. My aunt and uncle live about 1/2 mile back off the
road, and the road was a wooded tunnel for about the first third to half way at
the time and while walking I heard the crunching of dead branches, and as I
would later smell on our nature walk, I smelled a very strong odor of rotten
egg's. I ran all the rest of the way that night, and never did I stay up to XXXX
or XXXX past dark again, or at least until I started driving, and even then
going down that driveway was scary. Prior to and up to the time of these
occurances, and being a kid from Chicago I have never heard of a bigfoot, or
yeti.

My aunt and uncle had 57 head of cattle on a section of this 40 acres fenced
barbed and electric, and about the same time one of his yearlings was found by
us at the north west corner of the property dead, and looked like it was killed
by wild dogs.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:48 AM

50 posts, read 79,151 times
LoL the only Big Foot I know of in this state is the term used to describe monster houses in Birmingham that were built on small lots and block out the sun to neighbors' yards. They buy the house, tear it down completely and build their mansion.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:13 AM

Bigfoot News | Bigfoot Lunch Club: NPR, HuffPost cover 'Finding Bigfoot' in Michigan Town Hall

Quote:
Bigfoot in the Big Mitten?

Producers from the Animal Planet TV program "Finding Bigfoot" have been filming in the Houghton Lake area this week, looking for signs of Sasquatch.

Phil Shaw, a member of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization, said there have been more than 130 Bigfoot sightings in almost every county in Michigan, and they got some leads at a town hall meeting April 5 at the Houghton Lake Playhouse.

"I'd say there were at least 350 people at the meeting," said Shaw, 69. "Many people had stories that they shared: My favorite was from a lady who lives south of Houghton Lake that actually had been able to record 'whoop howls' from a Bigfoot.

"They only howl on a limited basis, so that was very rare and impressive."

Bigfoot is a general description of a huge, hairy, ape-like — and what most believe to be mythical — creature usually covered in dark brown or reddish hair.

They are usually described as having a huge brow ridge, a gorilla-like face, a jaw-dropping aroma and reportedly have left footprints as large as 24 inches long and 8 inches wide.

Old 03-08-2016, 05:00 AM

Bigfoot Seen In Munising Michigan

It was on a July evening in 1998, and Laurie, and her sister were heading into the town of Munising driving in from the west, along highway M28. There is a large Holiday Inn at this spot now, but at the time there was just an abandoned building, a street light, and a grassy field. As they approached the street light, from the left side of the highway, coming from the general area of Lake Superior, they saw what was described as a 8 to 8 ½ foot tall big foot. The head lights caught the creature in perfect detail.
He was medium brown in color with very long hair and its hands hung below his knees. They guessed the weight of this creature to be somewhere in the 800-900 pound range. As they approached the creature he already had one leg out onto the pavement and he proceeded to walk across the highway in front of Laurie, and her sister. It only took three strides to get across the road. Laurie was totally awe struck as she grabbed the dash board saying “OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD”. As it went by he stopped on the edge of the road on passenger side of the car were Laurie was sitting.
From her vantage point she could see the torso of the creature and she could tell it was looking down at her but she could not make out the facial features because the head lights were not high enough. At this point her sister, who was driving, floors the car and they sped away from the area. After they got back into town, Laurie wanted her sister to drive back to that spot to see if they could catch a glimpse of the creature again but her sister was too rattled to go back there.
This particular story was retold to the Big Foot Research Organization, or BFRO, when they went to Michigan’s Upper peninsula in September of 2013 to do a segment of “ Finding Big foot.” At a town hall meeting Laurie, and her sister told the group of their sighting, and their story ended up as part of the program. You can still see this segment on reruns.
There is not a time that goes by when Laurie drives past that spot and remembers her brush with the big guy. This was the same general area that she had her first encounter just below the look out. It seems that this area is a hot spot for big foot activity. This is such a vast area with endless forests lakes and rivers it would be easy for a large primate to flourish there. There is plenty of food sources to sustain a large hairy bipedal creature. And plenty of people for it to harass.

Source: Bigfoot Seen In Munising Michigan - Stragify
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan