Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2007, 03:36 AM

426 posts, read 1,282,601 times

Advertisements

I would like to leave, but can't sell the place I am living in. I read in the Macomb Daily on Sunday, that the city I live in New Haven/Lennox could get a water rate increase of up to 177%, that is not a typo.
They have been working on the drainage out this way. They are claiming, there is a higher demand since more people are heading out this way. Also claimed it had to do with the new Meijers on 26 Mile.
I am on a fixed income(low at that). How can anyone expect people to be able to pay that, and eat, and pay the rest of their bills. People will be moving OUT of here, not in. All of those big homes on 27 Mile, who is going to be able to afford them?
I don't know what the answers are, but I think things are going to get worse, niot better. I wish I could sell out right now. I would be gone.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:51 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbruge1 View Post
After Living in 6 different cities and 6 different states when I was younger ,I've grown to love the changes here ,it is cleaner ,more scenic and the changes are more drastic .At 50 it helps to mark the years of my life.
Move around alittle ,you wll see.
Someone added the grass is always greener ...I found the grass is greenest here and the winter is the whitest,the people could be the kindest and most helpful and less judging with absolutely no airs...of course there are those of us whom are a little less secure and occasionally need to put someone else down to seat ourselves a little higher but ...
Arizona is 120 in the summer ,all flat desert and squared off streets with boxed houses litterally, people are transient because the jobs are not there either ,the youth sells drugs to provide for themselves and if they are lucky they will not get swallowed up by the drug culture ,Connecticut is older buildings ,families and the snow does not compare ,Delaware is Poor country or congested city and dirty snow,
Florida is Humid more months than we have cold ...they have the flying bugs everywhere during the humidity,I have to assume you will too.
Texas has roaches the size of a fist NO LIE, NY has rats and crime and drugs and gangs ,etc,etc
For Me and my Children there is more beauty, less crime more people that are willing to reach out to help and a healthier life style .
I love it.... I hope you will change your mind but you may still have to see that the grass is not greener for yourself.
sbruge1 / Upper Penninsula MICHIGAN
I lived in the Majove desert in Ca. The grass can't be greener out there, all it is sandy yards.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:11 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,937,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Then the illegals would move in and claim "Squatters Rights".(no joke) It happens in Ca. alot.
I was in GR today getting my truck serviced. Everywhere I went , Spanish , no English spoken, even at the dealership, the cashier was by-lingual . Went to Pep Boys(-going out of business, 50 per cent off ),.... Mexicans were loading their carts full ,their kids were dragging what they could not carry, again no one spoke English, all the products were made in China, all the buyers were made in Mexico.......I left with out a sound , or a purchase........and headed home to the Michigan woods.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Another troll with bad grammar. They seem to go hand-in-hand.

People move where work is or where they can find a good quality of life. The lure and recreation of the great lakes WAY outstrips the downside of adding an hour or two to your drive to get to Michigan.

Ah never mind, what a silly argument to be having.
I agree.

Last year I Flew to Ohio, rented a car and drive from Columbus all the way up through Mi. up over the Mackinaw Striaghts, with some stops along the way, Sterling Hieghts, Warren, Saginaw, Grand Rapids, Cadillac, Taverse City Cheboygen, Mackinaw City. Exept for trash infested Detroit, Michigan is just as beautiful as it was in the 60's.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
I was in GR today getting my truck serviced. Everywhere I went , Spanish , no English spoken, even at the dealership, the cashier was by-lingual . Went to Pep Boys(-going out of business, 50 per cent off ),.... Mexicans were loading their carts full ,their kids were dragging what they could not carry, again no one spoke English, all the products were made in China, all the buyers were made in Mexico.......I left with out a sound , or a purchase........
Quote:
and headed home to the Michigan woods.
That resembles Ca.

I love the woods.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:20 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,850,381 times
Quote:
I was in GR today getting my truck serviced. Everywhere I went , Spanish , no English spoken, even at the dealership, the cashier was by-lingual . Went to Pep Boys(-going out of business, 50 per cent off ),.... Mexicans were loading their carts full ,their kids were dragging what they could not carry, again no one spoke English, all the products were made in China, all the buyers were made in Mexico.......I left with out a sound , or a purchase........and headed home to the Michigan woods.
Yes, that area of 28th Street in Wyoming has a large hispanic population. I guess talking to squirrels is better?

Old 12-19-2007, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Yes, that area of 28th Street in Wyoming has a large hispanic population. I guess talking to squirrels is better?
You bet ! I have all three colors, red , gray , and black. Blackie , my favorite , is at the sit down feeder now,. pounding on the bench for breakfast. I need to get more corn , for the guys, The feed store has been out , so , got to find a farmer......todays most important thing to do.. Yes , we talk to the animals here in the Michigan woods, and , they talk to us also.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:36 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,943,791 times
Quote:

FYI -- it's bilingual

Old 12-19-2007, 08:11 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,850,381 times
BTW: What the heck is a "Pep Boys"??

Old 12-19-2007, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
FYI -- it's bilingual
I stand corrected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan