Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 10:30 AM

392 posts, read 1,858,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow_temp View Post
We were at $3.27 just 2 weeks ago. Check out Historical gas price charts - Oklahoma City Gas Prices. It has other locations in the country you can compare to. I just checked Lansing, MI with Los Angeles, CA for the past 6 mo's. Michigan passed California numerous times in this period. I'll assure you that salaries are considerably higher in CA though. I wouldn't want your housing prices but when the pay is so much higher -- you can always cash out and move some place else like MI and live off the profits/savings.
The pay being higher still isn't enough for a lot of people to purchase homes in California. The home ownership rate in California is 57% while it is 77% in MI. Most people I know don't have a chance of affording a house here and with rents $1100 (in my area that is a dump) and up for a 1 bedroom apartment people are just getting by, not counting all the extra $$ they have earned and figuring how to cash out.
As others have said everywhere has it's problems. MI doesn't have a lock on it.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:58 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,940,154 times
Just picked up my Tree , this morning , down the snowy road to the tree farm. A very pleasant experience,the cold , the snow , the free hot chocolate, and piped in music , while picking out the tree.......The line was long , on this Sunday morning , car after car , waiting, get em while they last, no shortage of customers , even in Michigan.
Complaint , yes , the tree price is up 12.00 this year. I paid 69.00 for an 8 footer.........I wonder what the tree price is up to in CA.?, or , in the warm south this year. Yes , I like Michigan , even could have went to the grove and cut my own , but , whats 10.00 bucks these days........even in depressed Michigan.........Merry Christmas folks......come buy my house , so , I can move further north........after the holidays.

Old 12-09-2007, 12:33 PM

314 posts, read 1,277,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespeterson View Post
ITS SOO cold out here in michigan i cant wait to move to atlanta where its warm.

Seriously the weather in michigan sucks and so do the job markets.

Give me couple more months and good bye michigan!
and say hi to:
Traffic
sprawl
an extreamely generic place (hope you like strip malls)
heat, humidity, and a stearing wheel that will burn your fingers if you park outside more than 5 minutes.
more traffic
then some traffic

have fun in Sprawlanta! blah.

Old 12-09-2007, 12:37 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,509,244 times
Default Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Just picked up my Tree , this morning , down the snowy road to the tree farm. A very pleasant experience,the cold , the snow , the free hot chocolate, and piped in music , while picking out the tree.......The line was long , on this Sunday morning , car after car , waiting, get em while they last, no shortage of customers , even in Michigan.
Complaint , yes , the tree price is up 12.00 this year. I paid 69.00 for an 8 footer.........I wonder what the tree price is up to in CA.?, or , in the warm south this year. Yes , I like Michigan , even could have went to the grove and cut my own , but , whats 10.00 bucks these days........even in depressed Michigan.........Merry Christmas folks......come buy my house , so , I can move further north........after the holidays.
What's ya decorating the tree with? And Merry Christmas back at ya.

Old 12-09-2007, 12:37 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,103,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespeterson View Post
ITS SOO cold out here in michigan i cant wait to move to atlanta where its warm.

Seriously the weather in michigan sucks and so do the job markets.

Give me couple more months and good bye michigan!
Atlanta may be milder than Michigan, but it does get cold here - it's not as warm in the winter as you think!! If you're coming here looking for Florida weather, you will be disappointed!

Old 12-09-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
What's ya decorating the tree with? And Merry Christmas back at ya.
Not much.......threw out all the "lead contaminated " Chinese lights . Just dangle a few memories, from many years gone by.......

Old 12-09-2007, 03:34 PM

864 posts, read 1,720,839 times
Lead contamination of anything is a joke unless you plan on digesting it.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:50 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
We had a layer of ice here in Oklahoma this morning. 29%

Old 12-09-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow_temp View Post
Lead contamination of anything is a joke unless you plan on digesting it.
Whew !! , thats a re leaf..... thought that maybe they were affecting my memory, can't remember as much, anymore , just CRS i guess....

Old 12-09-2007, 08:16 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
We had a layer of ice here in Oklahoma this morning. 29%
I didn't know Oklahoma got all that cold -- is that unusual? I've been through Oklahoma a number of times in July -- it's hot as hell -- it seems you have the extremes there. But parts of the state are very nice as far as scenery and the people seem very friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan