Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 07:32 AM

5,155 posts, read 4,586,380 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I found a few apartments I like in Roseville that I want to take a trip to visit (I'm also being kicked out at the end of May, so I need to make the trip to see things) and ask a few questions. I found some checklists of things to ask, but is it important to gauge the personality of the landlord? I'm going to look for hotels in the Roseville area, but can anyone suggest some places to eat? I think I'm going to take 2-3 days to view apartments and to use the transit system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2014, 10:57 AM

10 posts, read 13,168 times
What transit system? And Roseville is a (relatively) seedy suburb fwiw. Great BBQ (Lazybones) on Grosbeck off 696. In fact, think I'm gonna go get a pulled pork sammich.

Old 04-26-2014, 01:50 PM

I think it's called SMART? I don't drive. I'll keep that in mind.

Old 04-26-2014, 03:16 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,540,422 times
Yep it's SMART. The city bus service is called DDOT. You'll be able to tell the difference between the two because SMART has a red and orange stripe on their buses while DDOT is green and yellow.

The Roseville area mostly has chain restaurants; Outback, Monogolian Grill, IHOP, etc. Most of them are along Gratiot and fairly easy to see by bus. I don't know too much about any non-chain restaurants.

Old 04-26-2014, 03:36 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,041,736 times
Roseville has a transit system? OMG, I have lived in S Michigan 54 years and never knew there was a transit system.

More like a bus that makes periodic stops along a designated route, most of the time. Though SMART is more reliable than DDOT.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
Yep it's SMART. The city bus service is called DDOT. You'll be able to tell the difference between the two because SMART has a red and orange stripe on their buses while DDOT is green and yellow.

The Roseville area mostly has chain restaurants; Outback, Monogolian Grill, IHOP, etc. Most of them are along Gratiot and fairly easy to see by bus. I don't know too much about any non-chain restaurants.
Love IHOP. Never heard of Mongolian Grill, but I'll have to check it out. I was also thinking of checking out a Tigers game, I take it Comerica Park would be on a bus route?

Old 04-26-2014, 05:03 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,540,422 times
Yea, pretty much just go all the way down Gratiot. Though it's kind of iffy because SMART only operates within the city during peak hours.

After 7 o clock, SMART buses stop at the city limits (8 Mile) and you'll have to transfer over to DDOT. The wait can be either under 10 minutes or as long as 35 minutes between transfers since the two bus systems aren't synchronized. Anytime before that, you can take SMART all the way downtown and easily walk to the stadium.

Though whenever you you come back, you'll still have to wait at 8 Mile and Gratiot to transfer over to SMART from DDOT (assuming you stay a full day game). The thing about DDOT is that the buses can get crowded, and the buses are older and don't ride as great (plus are also more prone to breaking down). You'll definitely come to learn why transit is not something we brag about here.

Old 04-26-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
Yea, pretty much just go all the way down Gratiot. Though it's kind of iffy because SMART only operates within the city during peak hours.

After 7 o clock, SMART buses stop at the city limits (8 Mile) and you'll have to transfer over to DDOT. The wait can be either under 10 minutes or as long as 35 minutes between transfers since the two bus systems aren't synchronized. Anytime before that, you can take SMART all the way downtown and easily walk to the stadium.

Though whenever you you come back, you'll still have to wait at 8 Mile and Gratiot to transfer over to SMART from DDOT (assuming you stay a full day game). The thing about DDOT is that the buses can get crowded, and the buses are older and don't ride as great (plus are also more prone to breaking down). You'll definitely come to learn why transit is not something we brag about here.
Ah, yeah. Once I get finances figured out, I'm going to hire a driving school. My mom kicked me out, so I'll be leaving without a job. I'm a bit nervous. I'm going to check libraries and sign up with some temp agencies. I'll probably visit some businesses while there. I'm thinking 2-3 days should be enough, right?

Old 04-27-2014, 12:58 AM

10 posts, read 13,168 times
Enough what?

Old 04-27-2014, 06:55 AM

Enough time to visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan