Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2014, 10:08 PM

55 posts, read 193,244 times

Advertisements

HELLO!!!!

Hope I can get someone to help us with a reply!

My family is looking at relocating back to Michigan! YAY! Although we are familiar with West Michigan, the relocation area will be either Trenton/Wyandotte or Midland, MI. Any information on EITHER areas would prove very helpful. Our kids are out of high school now, so schools are not an issue. In looking on every apartment website imaginable, including Craigslist, I find VERY FEW listings for Trenton and the surrounding areas.

We would prefer a townhouse actually with no one living above or below us, even moreso a house to rent. Our wishlist is a 2-3 bedroom with at least a 1.5 bath, better 2. Budget $900-$1300 if possible. Any specifics about the area(s) listed above would be great as well!!! Availability of rentals is a big issue obviously and not fond of a long commute. Again, the job would be in Trenton specifically, possibly Midland.

Personally LOVE LOVE LOVE a walkable downtown area- shops, restaurants, etc.... I like downtown Holland, MI if anyone is familiar. LOVE a nice sized farmer's market. Nice library in town and good grocery stores--- I do like Meijers. We like the proximity to the chain/box stores, but enjoy a hometown, community atmosphere with different foodie places and mom/pop dining too.

Any church recommendations are very welcome as well!! Looking forward to meeting friendly people in a caring community. Really can't wait for this possibility, and any help out there would be so very appreciated!!

THANKS so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 08:33 AM

24,834 posts, read 37,214,532 times
Midland is your best choice.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:12 PM

750 posts, read 1,431,166 times
Wyandotte is a very cool town. Pleasant, walkable downtown, a summer farmer's market, lots of shops, restaurants, bars and entertainment venues. Nice waterfront for boating or walking. The city has its own electrical and cable company so you save money there, and you aren't paying a gigantic mega-corporation or utility to rip you off for losses in other counties/states. There's a wide range of housing options, too.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:31 PM

Thanks so much for the reply!! I will definitely keep Wyandotte in mind! What is your opinion of Flat Rock? Obviously MUCH smaller, but I thought I would get your thoughts on that area. Thanks again!! Hoping to find some rental housing/apts at first, and that may be what drives the answer!!

Old 05-27-2014, 09:33 PM

Thanks, never been there, so appreciate your vote! It appears there is no easy route though from Midland to West Michigan/Holland area. Lotsa LONG rural roads! Thanks again!

Old 09-14-2014, 07:46 AM

13 posts, read 14,842 times
Default Flatrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by molliecat1 View Post
Thanks so much for the reply!! I will definitely keep Wyandotte in mind! What is your opinion of Flat Rock? Obviously MUCH smaller, but I thought I would get your thoughts on that area. Thanks again!! Hoping to find some rental housing/apts at first, and that may be what drives the answer!!
I worked in Flatrock for 20 Years and it has some good things to offer. Easy to get to via interstate 75 and on the other side of Flatrock is Telegraph Rd which is another main Highway. Most of Flatrocks shopping, banking and restaurants can be found there. I believe it has it's own YMCA or Gym that the public can join with a pool etc.
I never found crime to be a issue in Flatrock and felt safe getting gas after work at 3-4 in the morning.
A friend of mine rented a house (duplex) off Huron River Drive (a neighboring community) for several years and loved it there. Hope this helps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan