U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 12:18 PM

8,884 posts, read 19,065,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Why is it interesting? There are many native Californians who are Hispanic. The key is "native".

One of those interviewed on the news who was blocking the buses was named Baca. Do you think just because someone is Hispanic and is third and fourth generation American born, they think it is OK to let in people who are illegal and going to be nothing but a burden to a country already deep in debt? Answer is NO.

Why is it the problem of the United States to absorb these children. Why can't the Mexican govt. assist them, instead of just letting them pass through? Or how about some European countries say "well will take some refugee children".....crickets.

It's not about race, we as a nation simply can't afford it. And if they're not sent back(and they won't be), well let the floodgates open. And it's not just children coming over, it's grown men with criminal backgrounds.

But that is the plan anyway, and always has been.
Why do you assume that these people will be a "drag" on the economy and not contribute to the economy? I think that's where the racism question comes to mind.

This is an interesting article about the response to these immigrants:

Behold, the drunk uncle-ization of America - Chicago Tribune
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 04:42 PM

3,864 posts, read 6,019,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Will Illegal Immigrant Children Be Housed in Vassar, Michigan?

A wonder how the town's people feel about this???

They are not too happy about it according to:

Local Michigan Residents Enraged over Plan to House Unaccompanied Illegal Teens in Their Town

Old 07-13-2014, 06:26 PM

2 posts, read 3,254 times
We have Laws in place to stop this kind of action, but needless to say if they are not being in forced, This will continue, I don't see it being in forced anytime soon, They will not stop them at the borders, so they will keep coming! Until people here in the U. S. get together and demand the borders be enforced, there will be no change and the problem will get worse! So the answer is to learn Spanish!

Old 07-13-2014, 07:04 PM

24,841 posts, read 36,018,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Why do you assume that these people will be a "drag" on the economy and not contribute to the economy? I think that's where the racism question comes to mind.

This is an interesting article about the response to these immigrants:

Behold, the drunk uncle-ization of America - Chicago Tribune
How much child labor do we need???

Old 07-13-2014, 07:21 PM

8,884 posts, read 19,065,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
How much child labor do we need???
I wasn't talking about child labor. I was referring to claims that by just merely being immigrants, that they were a drain on society and a drain on an already debt-ridden federal budget. The unemployment rate in the "adult" hispanic population is not that much different than the white population, so I don't see how claims that they are a drain has merit.

In the case of Vassar, they are only going to be housed there for up to 4 weeks until they can be reunited with family in the U.S. It's a bunch of people freaking out about nothing. And Vassar? What exactly is going to be harmed there? It's a shrinking, poverty-ridden small town in the thumb of Michigan. It might be a boon for them finally. And if people don't like it, they can flee to the boom town of Bad Axe.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:05 AM

69 posts, read 92,782 times
And here I was thinking it'd be safe to move back home to Michigan. Where is safe in this country anymore? This is beyond disheartening.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:36 AM

3,120 posts, read 6,254,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest_Madame View Post
And here I was thinking it'd be safe to move back home to Michigan. Where is safe in this country anymore? This is beyond disheartening.
Safe? What is unsafe? You're afraid of refugee children in an isolated small town in the middle of nowhere? Would it help if they were Norwegian or German refugees?

A quote from the article:
Quote:
“The children are fleeing from harm’s way and extreme poverty,” McCree said,
adding that children with a known criminal history or gang affiliation would not
be permitted to stay at the center.
OH NO!! That is SO scary!

Old 07-14-2014, 10:08 AM

69 posts, read 92,782 times
NO. I'm afraid of scabies, tuberculosis oh and the MS-13 gang members along with the people that come through that have NO good intent toward the country. Do you know whats going on in the world? If Isis gets in, we're screwed.
WAKE UP.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:18 AM

750 posts, read 1,383,954 times
I just love the Fox News nutjobs that end every post with "Wake UP!!" if you happen to disagree with them.

Like we're all just stupid sleepyheads.

You can't disagree with the Fox News dittoheads! You need to be completely hobbled by fear so you'll grab a BIG GUN and arm yourself against invading hordes!

We need to be as scared as they are!

You bet I'm a sleepyhead. I'm tired of your tired, fear-based rhetoric.

And stop telling me to wake up.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:24 AM

24,841 posts, read 36,018,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post
I just love the Fox News nutjobs that end every post with "Wake UP!!" if you happen to disagree with them.

Like we're all just stupid sleepyheads.

You can't disagree with the Fox News dittoheads! You need to be completely hobbled by fear so you'll grab a BIG GUN and arm yourself against invading hordes!

We need to be as scared as they are!

You bet I'm a sleepyhead. I'm tired of your tired, fear-based rhetoric.

And stop telling me to wake up.
My TV came with a on/off feature.

I'll check the brand and let you know what kind it is.

I think you need a new TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan