Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 10:58 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Are you sure it isn't a fashion statement? Were the waists of their pants several inches below where they are supposed to be?
This old lady still has her hoodie handy.

I am not ready to give it up yet....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 08:57 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,550,218 times
looks like a major heatwave is headed our way. I figured the heatwave in Washington State will eventually head this way. I am not looking forward to it but I am not complaining. The weather has been awesome

Old 07-25-2014, 11:57 AM

7 posts, read 7,477 times
[quote=canudigit;35587826]I just have to say that, while I always enjoy summer here in Michigan, this one has been especially amazing. Warm, sunny days that aren't too humid, cool nights, just enough rain to keep things lush and green but generally dry...and to top it all off, I have yet to see my first mosquito of the season!

I don't understand why people want to dwell on how bad they think winters in Michigan are but take for granted our wonderful spring, summer, and fall seasons here.[/

Yes, it has definitely been great. I hate to see winter come.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:33 AM

485 posts, read 966,286 times
Spent another weekend (extended) in Northern Michigan, probably my 7th or 8th since Mid-May, and again reminded of what a gift we have in terms of location and climate. From the lake house we had a great day trip through Alden (had never been there) on Torch Lake through to the Old Mission Peninsula and enjoyed both Grand Traverse bays and, of course, the views. The wife is anxious to go back and stay at a winery sometime. Traverse City was bustling but not impossible to navigate. Sunday, we took a trip down the great AuSable from Grayling...again, another perfect day to be outside.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:06 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,941,150 times
This past weekend 8/9 & 8/10 may have been the best weekend of the summer.

My wife and I managed to get a 3-day weekend in up north and it was just picture-perfect summer weather for anything outdoors, on the water, or in the woods.

Weekends like that remind me why there is no better place than to be in the State of Michigan from about mid-June through mid October.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTWflyer View Post
This past weekend 8/9 & 8/10 may have been the best weekend of the summer.

My wife and I managed to get a 3-day weekend in up north and it was just picture-perfect summer weather for anything outdoors, on the water, or in the woods.

Weekends like that remind me why there is no better place than to be in the State of Michigan from about mid-June through mid October.
Yes, probably the best one and we've had some great ones this year. I'd have to guess that tourism dollars are up over last year. I used to think July was the time to set aside vacation in Michigan but it seems like August brings better weather overall and the bugs tend to get less troublesome. Also, you have a better chance of cooler nights. September and October tend to bring in more clouds but I've been up north for 3-4 day stretches in early October that were incredibly sunny and bright with the colors to boot!

Old 08-12-2014, 05:05 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,422,758 times
I was driving on 94 in southwest Michigan this weekend and was shocked to see the sumac in brilliant color already. Beautiful, but very unexpected!

Old 08-12-2014, 06:09 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,850,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
I was driving on 94 in southwest Michigan this weekend and was shocked to see the sumac in brilliant color already. Beautiful, but very unexpected!
I saw burning bushes out on a golf course the other day starting to burn! (leaves were turning red on the tips).

Old 08-24-2014, 04:02 PM

939 posts, read 2,680,990 times
A weird summer in the TVC area. Just had family visiting for a week and had about 10hrs total sunshine. First 2 weeks of August were nice temp-wise with lots of sun. However, smoke from fires in Northern Canada gave the skies a hazy, ugly look for 10+ days. Made for nice sunsets and sunrises though. Cobalt blue skies and full all daysunshine occured maybe 4-5 times since 7/1.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
A weird summer in the TVC area. Just had family visiting for a week and had about 10hrs total sunshine. First 2 weeks of August were nice temp-wise with lots of sun. However, smoke from fires in Northern Canada gave the skies a hazy, ugly look for 10+ days. Made for nice sunsets and sunrises though. Cobalt blue skies and full all daysunshine occured maybe 4-5 times since 7/1.
Really? I was in the TC area August 8th and it was very nice. I thought the sky was just as blue as it could get but we might have different perceptions of the "perfect" sky. Rest of the weekend was in the Gaylord area and it was still spectacular. Really didn't notice much haze. I DO know from friends up that way that the 17th through the 23rd was one of the poorest weeks of the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan