Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 07:57 AM

2,065 posts, read 1,863,133 times

Advertisements

Left wing, right wing... who gives a (hoot)? If anyone posting has solid reasons why we should or should not assist these kids, please explain them. Should they be sent home? Why or why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 08:13 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Unless we have solid evidence that 5 and 6 year-olds (or any age) pose a treat, they should be treated as refugees.

If anyone seriously doubts what the conditions are like in Central America, just do some research. Those (if any) who are gang members, send home if they are proven to be active members.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:21 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Unless we have solid evidence that 5 and 6 year-olds (or any age) pose a treat, they should be treated as refugees.

If anyone seriously doubts what the conditions are like in Central America, just do some research. Those (if any) who are gang members, send home if they are proven to be active members.
I know what it is like there.....not very nice.

But, that is their home....not the USA.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkeith View Post
Left wing, right wing... who gives a (hoot)? If anyone posting has solid reasons why we should or should not assist these kids, please explain them. Should they be sent home? Why or why not?
Send them home.

That is where they live......that is enough.

BTW....I think they should just be put back over the border in Mexico.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:16 AM

2,065 posts, read 1,863,133 times
How many are 5 or 6 years old? Anyone know? It makes a big difference. We can't even speculate as to where these kids should best be placed or where they should be sent, unless age is taken into consideration. I don't agree that a young child should be dumped over the border. They can't fend for themselves and would be too easily exploited. Just one consideration; obviously that isn't the case for all of these kids.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:31 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,933,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Do you think that "redskins" is an appropriate term for Native Americans?

Liberal talk shows also made a big deal about the changing demographics in the last election. They made it seem like it was inherently a good thing for our country that the poorest, least educated, and most crime-ridden groups were the ones that were increasing in numbers.
Short memory there? I'm surprised you would even post this so soon after your previous comments. Let's see - "poorest, least educated, criminal group" - and in a previous post you maintained that anyone who grouped people thusly was racist, and you were suitably "appalled". Remember? You scolded and maintained that it was despicable and wrong to attribute various traits to a racial group.
As I have been saying all along, your altruistic "outrage" is just as "sincere", and your posturing just as phony, as your media heroes', and contradicting yourself seems like proof positive.

More to the real point, why do you address the racial part of the issue rather than the economic, or my points about the various factions involved? Why don't you address the points about the refugee status of these people? Again, I said it is more than about race, so just keep twisting, spinning, and expressing your counterfeit outrage - as I'm sure you will.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 08-11-2014 at 01:09 PM..

Old 08-12-2014, 07:39 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Send them home.

That is where they live......that is enough.

BTW....I think they should just be put back over the border in Mexico.
And if we said the same of some other people's ancestors? Where would they be today?

Contrary to what the Nugent idiot said about indigenous people, if you ain't Native American, you are an immigrant and this wasn't your original home.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
And if we said the same of some other people's ancestors? Where would they be today?

Contrary to what the Nugent idiot said about indigenous people, if you ain't Native American, you are an immigrant and this wasn't your original home.
If they want to live here......follow the law.....it can be done.

Did the Native American have any immigration laws for others to follow???

Old 08-12-2014, 11:29 AM

21,120 posts, read 19,703,590 times
I like how the liberals make it seem like these were a bunch of 5 year old coming all by themselves, as if there weren't a lot of adults also.

They should all be shipped across the border immediately. No housing, no meals, no medical treatment. Get on the bus (not Greyhound luxury coach either, but the cheapest bus available) and be told, "next time come here the proper way".

[detwahDJ, I am deliberately not responding to you]...not worth it.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:17 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,933,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I like how the liberals make it seem like these were a bunch of 5 year old coming all by themselves, as if there weren't a lot of adults also.

They should all be shipped across the border immediately. No housing, no meals, no medical treatment. Get on the bus (not Greyhound luxury coach either, but the cheapest bus available) and be told, "next time come here the proper way".

[detwahDJ, I am deliberately not responding to you]...not worth it.
Because you cannot, and I have the simplistic RW mentality totally figured out. Not rocket science anyway.

BTW you wouldn't like the refugees coming "the proper way" either. Here it is - the big fear:
GOP Congressman Accuses Democrats Of Waging A 'War On Whites'

Quote: "This is a part of the war on whites that’s being launched by the Democratic Party."

Quote: "It's part of the strategy that Barack Obama implemented in 2008, continued in 2012, where he divides us all on race, on sex, greed, envy, class warfare, all those kinds of things."

There it is - it's all due to colored folk (including our President) and their Democratic supporters. Obama "divided us" how? Oh, I know....by getting himself elected (to a place he "don't belong").

Quote: "the fastest growing voting bloc in this country thinks the Republican Party hates them."

That big fear again. People know repubs, who own the corporate media, by their actions and words.

Quote: "It doesn't make any difference if you're a white American, a black American, a Hispanic American, an Asian American or if you're a woman or a man. Every single demographic group is hurt by falling wages and lost jobs,”

OK, as a republican spokesman "concerned" about jobs, why has he no jobs program over six years and why is he obstructing jobs legislation proposed by the democrats whom he holds "responsible" and now chastises?
Here's how dumb he thinks (hopes) Americans are. He blames undocumented aliens for loss of jobs and lowered wages (not outsourcing and congressional obstructionism of course), but it is his own base which hires and profits from them.
He inadvertently admits that businesses are profiting from this, so why not punish the employers? Well, they are apt to be republicans.
It's as I said, these guys are just as phony as I have been pointing out.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 08-12-2014 at 04:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: