Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 12:23 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,860,694 times

Advertisements

I am bucking the trend of all the negative threads, and putting in this positive one.
I LOVE this weather! I love the snow, the cold, and the driving. Granted I do not have to drive a busy expressway because I work from home, but I do work in my unheated garage everyday.
I did drive to Traverse City today and they had 6-7" of new snow and it was beautiful!
The only thing I cannot understand is how people forget to drive in the snow?? I remembered as soon as I took off! lol But I did not see any people in ditches or accidents, so that is good to see.
Anyways, as I sit here working in my garage watching the snow come down..I am one happy camper. Let it snow!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 01:03 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,534,767 times
I love the snow too...I sure will be glad when it comes further south. We are getting some flurries here in Grand Blanc...not enough for me. Bring on the inches

Old 11-13-2014, 02:42 PM
chh

420 posts, read 647,690 times
There's maybe a quarter of an inch on the ground here in Battle Creek, It's covering some of the grass! I love this weather!

Old 11-13-2014, 03:32 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,251,830 times
I love it too! We only got flurries here in Monroe County, but it was enough to leave a dusting on our deck.

I love how the various shades of gray in the clouds look against the trees that still have leaves on them and how the grass is still green under roiling, gray, autumn skies. I love to see changes in the weather come and I get really bored with a season after 3-4 months, even summer.

When we relocated temporarily to Arizona a few years back, one of the reasons why I knew that I could never make it my full-time home was because the weather was so boring! All of those endless hot, sunny days get boring. Even a rain shower was cause for excitement, because at least then, even if it was short lived, the sky would at least be some color other than monochrome blue with glaring sunshine.

I consider myself blessed to call Michigan, with its unpredictable but never boring weather, my home!

Old 11-13-2014, 03:51 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,860,694 times
I Love the different types of weather also, especially this time of year up north. On my way to Traverse This morning, it was a wall of lake effect snow on one side, and clear blue sunny skies on the other....it was awesome! I never get bored of the snow, and just like I have done ever since I was a kid...I get all excited at the mention of snow.
If you ask me, this weather really cleanses your soul, and makes you really appreciate how amazing this state is.
Unlike when it is hot and muggy, there is just something about looking at the snow and cold while you are all cozy inside.
Some of my best memories young and old are of Winter. I welcome it with open arms.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:05 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,762,447 times
I like what we got here on the East Side of GR, about an inch or so. I don't think I'd be as happy if we got 9 inches like Allendale and the lakeshore got.

Old 11-13-2014, 11:48 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,192,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
I like what we got here on the East Side of GR, about an inch or so. I don't think I'd be as happy if we got 9 inches like Allendale and the lakeshore got.
The bad drivers were out today.

Old 11-14-2014, 05:43 AM

447 posts, read 491,533 times
We did not really get anything other than ice and a thin dusting of snow yesterday here in Kalamazoo, but I woke up this morning to find a good inch or so of beautiful fluf covering everything. I love it!

Too bad it will all melt in a day or two.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:03 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,762,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
The bad drivers were out today.
Holy cow, I couldn't believe all the reports of mass car pileups. And once again, West of 131 was really dumped on and we hardly got anything over on the East Side of 131.

US-131 was 'sheet of ice' says driver involved in multi-vehicle crash near Plainwell | MLive.com

I heard I-196 near Hudsonville and 96 near Coopersville were pretty bad yesterday.

Snow blasts the lakeshore, Grand Rapids spared: See reader photos plus latest forecast | MLive.com

I can see my grass right now. We're approximately 3 miles East of 131.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:08 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,192,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernwilly View Post
We did not really get anything other than ice and a thin dusting of snow yesterday here in Kalamazoo, but I woke up this morning to find a good inch or so of beautiful fluf covering everything. I love it!

Too bad it will all melt in a day or two.
Don't worry there will more snow this weekend and through next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan