Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2014, 04:43 PM

2 posts, read 2,462 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I currently live in a very conservative area of northern Indiana. I have a hard time meshing with most people here. I find the area cold, catty, so many people impatient and honestly just not very smart. Living in a college town is just not for me. Michagan is appealing for a few reasons, I think its beautiful, the feel of the rural areas is homey and familiar, and if I am going to stay employed in South bend it at least gets me away from the university, college kids, and traffic to go north. I also like Michigans acceptance of medical marijuana. I have been looking for a friendly, low crime, small school (but good school) rural area that is within commuting distance to the state line. I do not care for Niles or Dowagiac, as they feel like an extension of South Bend. We have no religious affiliation but as long as people are open and friendly and do not care (as we dont) what you choose to believe in than all is good. If I could, I would move out of state and far away. But leaving my entire family and income is scary...so I suppose I will try to find something that fits this way. Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2014, 06:26 PM

790 posts, read 2,312,836 times
From what I've seen of it, St. Joseph seems nice but expensive. Maybe somewhere between St. Joseph and Berrien Springs?

Old 11-23-2014, 07:46 PM
chh

420 posts, read 648,785 times
Are you still planning on working in south bend?

Old 11-24-2014, 07:14 PM

2 posts, read 2,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chh View Post
Are you still planning on working in south bend?
Unfortunately, I have no choice. I do not want to start over in my current career. Changing locations means starting all over at the bottom. If I were able to move to a new office I would move farther away. Probably a different state entirely

Old 11-24-2014, 08:19 PM
chh

420 posts, read 648,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBear28 View Post
Unfortunately, I have no choice. I do not want to start over in my current career. Changing locations means starting all over at the bottom. If I were able to move to a new office I would move farther away. Probably a different state entirely
In that case, try Berrien Springs. It's a pleasant little town. Try driving over there and seeing how you like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan