Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2008, 08:39 AM

87 posts, read 171,738 times

Advertisements

Hello

I am Andy Swinnen from the Netherlands .
I recently adopted a grave of a soldier from WW2

We caretakers of the graves at the Netherlands/Belgium American Cemetery and Memorial ( Margraten and Henri Chapelle ) are the ones who will see to it that the men and women buried there will not be forgotten

I go there often with my wife and children to see that his grave is well being taken care for.
I always put flowers on his grave.

I now have Internet and i am trying to find out as much as possible about him but its very hard to find anything about him.
I would like to know everything about him so i can explane it to my children who s in that grave and what kind of man it was.
Now i am always looking at his grave and try to imagine who he was

I am trying the find a face or story behind the grave of this brave men, but i run out of help
So i hope i am at the right address.

Its about T/Sgt William E. Brereton ( ID 16113165 ) from Wayne, who was born in 1921 and died on 2 nov. 1944 in a b-17 plane crash in Europe and flew with the 615th Bomber Squadron, 401st Bomber Group, Heavy

I really hope you can help me or know someone else.

Thank you very much

Greetings, Andy Swinnen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 04:52 PM

nobody ? , I ran out of help.

Old 04-19-2008, 02:47 AM

I still haven't found any clue in finding his family,
Would someone please help me.
Andy

Old 04-19-2008, 04:50 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Really wish I could help, but way before my time and a different part of the state. Just wanted to say thanks for looking out for a strangers grave in place of family. Keep up the good work and good luck in your search.

Old 04-19-2008, 12:26 PM

550 posts, read 2,052,581 times
that is really neat that you do that...my grandparents are all veterans of WWII....you might look up the phone number or email address for the local library in wayne or even the chamber of commerce they would more likely be able to help you!!! many libraries have lots of archives of newspapers-if his family was around then, they'd be mentioned in the newspaper of his death notice.....try that

Old 04-19-2008, 12:46 PM

1,039 posts, read 3,453,055 times
Was he from Wayne County? More info would help.

Wayne usually refers to Anthony Wayne, a famous general from the American Revolution. He was active in the Philadelphia area and around the Great Lakes, so there are a bunch of cities, counties, etc. named for him in these two regions.

It didn't occur to me for several months when I moved here that the cute Wayne, PA town I lived near for many years was named after the same person as Wayne County, MI. Good luck with your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan