Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2008, 04:39 PM

26,199 posts, read 14,818,088 times

Advertisements

1st of all, Everyone should get out and vote - find a candidate with at least 1 issue that you agree on and vote...even if its a major underdog...

2nd of all, This post is not a bashing of democrats, just the democratic national committee.

How can the DNC take away our delegates in today's primary?

The DNC supports the right of felons to vote - so if some guy goes out and makes the decision to rape and murder someone - he should have his right to vote kept intact.

Yet, if Michigan's state government chooses to bump our primary ahead a few weeks, the DNC will take away my right and the rest of my state's right to vote in their primary based on small issue that is the fault of the state government.

How can the DNC champion everyone should be able to vote and we must count all votes while disenfranchising Michigan and Florida in this primary over an issue of the schedule for when the primary happens? Couldn't they find a better punishment than disenfranchisement?

Sorry, I am just angry and had to vent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 04:34 PM

271 posts, read 931,485 times
Romney promised to bring back overpaid auto workers jobs in Michigan by any means possible.

How naive would one have to be to believe such nonsense? That sort of thinking is what has gotten Michigan into the single state recession...

Old 01-16-2008, 09:07 PM

262 posts, read 785,597 times
I think Romney said Michigan needed high tech jobs and to keep America the Economic Leader of the World, I think you should listen with your ears and not your mouth you might find out something new. All I hear from Democrats is Higher Taxes for Bigger Goverment Programs. I guess the last 5 years here in Michigan hasn't hit some folks in between the eyes yet.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:16 PM

271 posts, read 931,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankawitz View Post
I think Romney said Michigan needed high tech jobs and to keep America the Economic Leader of the World, I think you should listen with your ears and not your mouth you might find out something new. All I hear from Democrats is Higher Taxes for Bigger Goverment Programs. I guess the last 5 years here in Michigan hasn't hit some folks in between the eyes yet.
Romney told every group exactly what then wanted to hear, including comments like "high tech", "Economic Leader", and "Bring automotive jobs back to Michigan". So in that stance, he is definately typical American Presidential material. McCain spoke the truth that auto jobs are not coming back, and Romney attacked the comment...and stated just the opposite would happen in Michigan, IF he became President. Perhaps he will ban foreign imports to achieve such??? Smoke and mirrors works wonders in Michigan. Plus he is "our blood"...LOL

-----

Romney wins Michigan primary, blasts GOP race wide open (http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080115/POLITICS/801150456 - broken link)

"Those jobs aren't coming back," McCain said upon hitting the ground in Michigan last Wednesday. He called it more of his "straight talk," and most economists agree that Michigan's traditional auto jobs are gone for good. But Romney targeted the statement relentlessly, and it may have had an effect: Almost a third of voters said they made their decision in the last three days, and Romney won those voters by a 4-to-3 margin.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:53 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,642,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
"Those jobs aren't coming back," McCain said upon hitting the ground in Michigan last Wednesday. He called it more of his "straight talk," and most economists agree that Michigan's traditional auto jobs are gone for good. But Romney targeted the statement relentlessly, and it may have had an effect: Almost a third of voters said they made their decision in the last three days, and Romney won those voters by a 4-to-3 margin.
And once again, a politician wins by telling people what they want to hear. I'm not a big fan of either guy, but at least McCain is trying to knock some reality into people's heads ... you can't go back to the way it used to be. You have to find new ways to create jobs and grow the economy. I've said this for a long time. SE Michigan is in the shape it's in partially because there was never a backup plan if the auto industry tanked. Now it's tanked, and people want to keep clinging to business as usual. Someone comes along and tries to tell them it can't be that way, and look what he gets for it.

If people don't want to hear unpleasant truths, it's no wonder a guy like Ron Paul can't get any traction in the election ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan