Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2006, 10:43 PM

2 posts, read 8,975 times

Advertisements

My husband, 16 year old daughter and I are moving to the Detroit area this summer. Can anyone tell me what the Warren area is like? Also, I'd like to know about the high schools, where are the best ones located?
Thanks
ladykuch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2006, 02:03 PM

3 posts, read 10,967 times
Warren has its nice parts andthen there is south warren. I grew up at 14mile road and Schoenherr (Shane-ER). The best highschool in warren has to be Cousino at 13 mile road and Hoover. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have such as housing cost, area expactations, etc. All the Best

Old 04-28-2006, 05:36 PM

12 posts, read 83,621 times
Default Warren , Michigan Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladykuch
My husband, 16 year old daughter and I are moving to the Detroit area this summer. Can anyone tell me what the Warren area is like? Also, I'd like to know about the high schools, where are the best ones located?
Thanks
ladykuch
Hi, My sister and I have 2 homes in Warren. One in a very nice area the other is a very modest area of very first time lower income buyers. The City of Warren is very large and is also very diverse. The south end borders Detroit and has allot smaller homes mostly under 1,000 square feet and you can purchase for probably Higher end $80,000. and lower end in the $50,000. Range. There are allot on crawl spaces and slabs. The northern end that borders Sterling heights and Troy is mostly brick ranches with basements. There are several new sub divisions going in with very high dollar homes . Many paople are even building in established subs on empty lots as the aesthetics are nicer than a clear cut, no tree new sub. You can probably find a home from the upper $90,000. range that may need work to the $200,000. range. To give you an example. the smllaer home we have is around 800 sq ft. and is valued at about 60,000. It is in the lower end, and has 2 bedrooms a bathroom, living room, and kitchen and is on a cral space. The lot has no garage but a laarge fenced back yard. The home we have in the Northern area is about 1000 square foot ranch with a partially finished basement with a toilette. It is 3 small bedrooms, living room, bathroom and kitchen on the main floor. Laundry room and large open basement for entertaining. The yard is fully fenced and it has a 2 car garage. THis home should sell for about $135, 000. - $140,000. I can try and find out about the schools for you. I know that the lower school district has not had a great reputation in the past but am not sure if it has upgraded. We are trying to to to Northern Michigan soon so we are probably moving out soon. WE show dogs and want to establish our own kennel and need more space. We are actually looking to liquidate both homes and find a "dump" with some out buildings north with a nice big piece pf property. Hope this info helps you out.

PackLeader

Old 05-28-2006, 07:37 AM

2 posts, read 16,259 times
Please come with something to fall back on. Make sure you really look into those areas that you spoke of, especially Warren. I would probably suggest you look in the Farmington, Southfield, Beverly Hill, Oak Park area. I have horror stories about Warren. Livonia is beautiful, but it doesn't really offer much more than houses. Good luck!

Old 05-31-2006, 08:24 PM

6 posts, read 21,747 times
Lived in Warren for 20 yrs. The best I can say for it is OK. Stay North of 696 xway unless you can closely check out the neighborhood. The 696 rule is true for most of Macomb County Which has some real nice, affordable areas and schools, the further North the more country like it is.

Old 06-02-2006, 02:36 PM

284 posts, read 1,013,471 times
Some of the nicest areas around here would be Bloomfield Hills, Rochester Hills, Birmingham and Troy. If these areas don't fit into your price range I would recommend looking into Utica, Shelby Twp, Sterling Heights, Clawson or Royal Oak. Warren is not my personal place of choice.

Old 06-20-2006, 10:58 AM

12 posts, read 55,523 times
Default Recomend

In close suburb which is moving on up. Aggressive municipal building new housing in the Warren Con district which is the best in the area.

I like it. Lived in area all my life. Services are readily available and you are in close to everything without fightin traffic. Close to Lake St. Clair if you are a boater. Hockey is everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan