U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-08-2008, 09:52 AM

869 posts, read 939,164 times

Advertisements

I've been posting in here for a little while now, and feel safe in posting this, lol- I've been living in Michigan for a year and a half now, married someone from here, I'm originally from California- my husband has worked for a major hospital for 9 years now, so his job is stable- I worked in various capacities in the legal field, and I'm now taking courses in medical transcription so I can work from home as an independent- all of that aside....

We are looking to purchase some rural acreage, anywhere from 2-10 acres- maybe more, lol- we need a place that has a home on it already or even a mobile or two, we aren't looking for a 'showroom', we're looking for 'liveable' or 'fixer-upper', as we don't want to be paying on anything for any longer than we have to--we don't want to be in a 'sub' or anywhere where you belong to a Homeowners Association or massive zoning problems- we need acreage that is heavily wooded, as we're planning on cutting our own trees and building a log home (my aren't we adventureous, lol)- at the moment, we are looking in Lenawee Co around the Jackson/Hudson/Adrian area, but have also looked in the Houghton Lake area- we don't want to go to the UP because it's just too far, but we're open- as I said, main concerns are rural, trees, already existing elect./etc- now for the downside....

Our credit is terrible- if you're a realtor, don't even bother telling us, 'oh, it couldn't be THAT bad, we can get you financed somehow!' because nooo, you can't,and even if you could we really don't want to go that route as we eventually want to become self-sufficient- lol- we are both previously divorced, and well- I won't go any further than to say the credit is shot beyond all repair unless we win the lottery- that aside...we need a small down ($3,000 or so) and on a land contract. On the up side....we're in our mid-forties...good people who have had a rough time in the past- So.....if there is anyone out there who might have a nice little few acres that you want to unload, and can work with us given the parameters, please...post!

You have to give me credit, I'm honest-lol~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 09:56 AM

Mr. Moderator...if I posted a 'no-no' here, my hardy apologies- I read through the rules & regs, knew I wasn't trying to 'sell' anything, and figured I was ok!

Old 02-08-2008, 02:50 PM

750 posts, read 1,795,016 times
Dont knock all HOA's I live on 35 acres in a HOA and the monies paid in goes to the plowing and grading of the road in and out. Its a one lane dirt road thats hilly. I sure wouldnt want to be soley responsible for the road myself. We dont have any silly riles or restrictions, heck the restrictions are good. No trailers, HUD homes etc.....Not all HOA's are bad

Old 02-08-2008, 03:45 PM

I agree, Snowflake- I worked for a law office doing client intakes, and I heard so many horror stories from home owners who were seriously harassed by HOA's- of course, I did take into consideration that if a person wasn't having problems, they weren't going to call a law office, lol- and a lot of the HOA's do a good job- our thing was the fact that I didn't want one to tell me that I had to use a particular material to build, it had to be a certain size/height- and there are HOA's who even dictate what can be planted in the front yard, that sort of thing- I guess I always figured that if a person is buying their own land, that within reason and without blighting everything around them they should be able to have things the way they like~

...of course, there is nothing attractive about having 8 cars parked on the lawn out front, lol.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:27 PM

115 posts, read 773,648 times
My uncle and my dad are currently doing a development project in Deerfield Township, southwest of Fenton. It is going to be a small sub-division -- but each person will have a one acre lot. (Or you could buy multiple lots to keep the neighbors at a distance).

The location is very rural -- six miles to the nearest gas station. Waterfront property is also available.

Moderator cut: Advertising is not permitted

We'll be putting in the first road just a few months from now.... if you'd like to move here, we could probably save you a few trees.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 02-09-2008 at 03:52 PM..

Old 02-08-2008, 07:47 PM

12,134 posts, read 22,282,980 times
$169,000 for a 1 1/4 to 2 acre lot?

Old 02-08-2008, 07:59 PM

22,287 posts, read 17,457,296 times
Check about water with your local heath department. Always hire drillers and septic people yourself. Never buy a package deal with a home.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:05 PM

115 posts, read 773,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
$169,000 for a 1 1/4 to 2 acre lot?
Well, I'm not really the guy to talk to in regards to the property.... but I think that's a pretty fair price for waterfront property these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan