Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 11:11 PM

523 posts, read 1,282,494 times

Advertisements

What is Waterford (the part in the Waterford school district) like? Nice people? What is there to do? How far from shopping...good fitness centers?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 11:14 AM

123 posts, read 487,992 times
Waterford has summit mall and fitness places,family restaurants,shops like TJ Max.There are better malls if you drive a little distance to Troy or Novi. There are lakes that people go to in the summer. I am not that familiar with WF but if you drive to areas around like Royal Oak there are comedy places,restaurants,etc.It is pretty easy to get to surrounding areas.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:46 PM

866 posts, read 4,257,730 times
I have only really driven through Waterford and have heard about it from other people, and from what they have told me and what I have seen the community is your average surburbia, and kind of rural in some of the palces I was in. I believe that the poster above me really hit it on the spot, the community is a nice place to live, but for shopping you really would want to travel to Twelve Oaks (Novi) or Somerset Mall (Troy).

Old 04-26-2008, 02:45 PM

850 posts, read 1,898,464 times
waterford is only like 10 minutes from great lakes crossing....why would anyone drive all the way to troy to shop?

i used to live there....its "ok", seems mostly like middleclass suburbia. the upside is that its a little bit cheaper but still close to everything. i think it borders pontiac which is where you'll find the cheap areas, but it also borders clarkston as well on the north part. have no idea on the schools, but again....being near pontiac i imagine the schools are just 'ok' too.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:08 PM

Thanks for all the info!! Was looking at Clarkston and stumbled into part of Waterford and couldn't tell the difference. I guess I was in the "better" part of WF?

Old 04-29-2008, 02:05 PM

7 posts, read 18,714 times
too many people there for me,lived in drayton plains dixie hwy the traffic is terrible

Old 04-29-2008, 04:28 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,760,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireKwame View Post
What is Waterford (the part in the Waterford school district) like? Nice people? What is there to do? How far from shopping...good fitness centers?...
Waterford is like a continuous strip mall, so don't worry about shopping. It's close to the West Side action, has a multiplex theater, pool halls, bowling alleys, bookstores, gyms, a water park, you name it. The people are pretty nice if you ask me.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:54 AM

461 posts, read 1,809,939 times
Most of the posters here are referring to the "northern" part of Waterford that is up near Clarkston and Pontiac. If you look more towards the "southern" end of Waterford (right on the border of West Bloomfield Twp., White Lake Twp. and Commerce Twp.) you'll find a totally different environment. Way more lakes and way more "upscale" type homes. It's almost like "northern" Waterford should be separated from "southern" Waterford. Although, there really isn't any trendy nightlife in either section. You really have to go to either Royal Oak or Birmingham for that. As far as shopping, Oakland County itself has an abundance of shopping with strip malls everywhere. I wouldn't trade off going to Great Lakes instead of going to either Somerset of Twelve Oaks. Great Lakes is an "outlet" mall. If you want to shop at Macy's, Norstrom, Lord & Taylor, Neiman Marcus or Saks, you'll have to either go to Twelve Oaks or Somerset.

Like any other city in any other state, there's desirable areas and not-so-desirable areas of Waterford.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:50 PM

What I would really like to know is where there is a gym with cardio, weight machines and a pool, hottub and sauna(s) all at the same place. There is a Bally's but it has no pool. There are community pools with no hottub or saunas.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,618 times
waterford schools are horable!!!!!!!!!!! trust me i went there and look how i spell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan