Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2010, 02:12 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,864,360 times

Advertisements

Few more fall pics....oh, and a barn thrown in.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 07:01 PM

364 posts, read 874,512 times
few pics from downriver area of metro-Detroit. Last Fall was one of the most brilliant Falls I can remember or imagine. This year the colors arent as brilliant, but still nice. Very strong winds forecast this week, so pretty much just a few days of nice color left.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:41 PM

Yeah...this fall has been amazing, and the weather has been great for the most part. If you just get out and explore this great state how can you not love it here!

Old 10-24-2010, 10:42 PM

27 posts, read 59,736 times
I am New here. My wife and I are buying a place just north of Newaygo. We were up there last Saturday 10-16 to winterize the house. Here are some pics of our place and some of Newaygo where my wife's parents live. We will be moving up permanent in 8 yrs. For now it will be a Vacation place to get out of these hot Texas summers. The first pics are of our place and the last 4 are from Newaygo around her parents place in town.

Pics of  Spectacular Michigan-p1010004.jpgPics of  Spectacular Michigan-p1010006.jpgPics of  Spectacular Michigan-p1010008.jpgPics of  Spectacular Michigan-p1010009.jpg
Pics of  Spectacular Michigan-p1010010.jpgPics of  Spectacular Michigan-p1010011.jpgPics of  Spectacular Michigan-p1010013.jpgPics of  Spectacular Michigan-p1010014.jpg
Pics of  Spectacular Michigan-p1010015.jpgPics of  Spectacular Michigan-p1010016.jpgPics of  Spectacular Michigan-p1010017.jpgPics of  Spectacular Michigan-p1010018.jpg

My wife grew up in the area, but hasn't lived there in 30 yrs. I have never lived there, but my dad was born in Detroit and we still have relatives in the area. I was born and raised in the South West and have never been in a 4 seasons climate, looking very much forward to it.

Clay and Kimberly

Old 10-25-2010, 12:25 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,354,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtoMI View Post
I am New here. My wife and I are buying a place just north of Newaygo. We were up there last Saturday 10-16 to winterize the house. Here are some pics of our place and some of Newaygo where my wife's parents live. We will be moving up permanent in 8 yrs. For now it will be a Vacation place to get out of these hot Texas summers. The first pics are of our place and the last 4 are from Newaygo around her parents place in town.

Attachment 70052Attachment 70053Attachment 70054Attachment 70055
Attachment 70056Attachment 70057Attachment 70058Attachment 70059
Attachment 70048Attachment 70049Attachment 70050Attachment 70051

My wife grew up in the area, but hasn't lived there in 30 yrs. I have never lived there, but my dad was born in Detroit and we still have relatives in the area. I was born and raised in the South West and have never been in a 4 seasons climate, looking very much forward to it.

Clay and Kimberly
You don't know what your missing. I was born and raised in NW Michigan and then I moved to SoCal at the age of 17 (1971) (on my own)
I never realized how much I missed the 4 seasons until I went back for a visit in 2005. After 36 yr's in SoCal, In 2007 I moved Oklahoma where there are 4 seasons.
Not quite like Mi, but they're actual 4 seasons and not just 2. Being from the SW, you know what I mean.

Good Luck

Old 10-25-2010, 06:14 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,566,553 times
Quote:
Few more fall pics....oh, and a barn thrown in.
Awesome pics michmoldman!

Old 10-25-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:

Attachment 70052Attachment 70053Attachment 70054Attachment 70055
Attachment 70056Attachment 70057Attachment 70058Attachment 70059
Attachment 70048Attachment 70049Attachment 70050Attachment 70051

Clay and Kimberly
Looks like you have some great property there! I bet you will have a front row seat to some great wildlife viewing!

Old 10-25-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Looks like you have some great property there! I bet you will have a front row seat to some great wildlife viewing!
According to the Gentleman we bought it from, that would be a yes. He even built a Deer stand in the back of the property just to go out and watch the wildlife in peace and quite in the woods. No he was not a Bambi hunter, nor am I, it is just a place to go, away from the house to watch. We are anxious to get up there, I am hoping that my company will think I am too expensive on the payroll and offer a buy out package in the next few years, if so, we can get up there sooner.

We have been visiting the area every few yrs since we got married, I have a bunch of pics as a tourist. I will go thru them and post some later.

Thanx for the comments

Old 10-25-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
You don't know what your missing. I was born and raised in NW Michigan and then I moved to SoCal at the age of 17 (1971) (on my own)
I never realized how much I missed the 4 seasons until I went back for a visit in 2005. After 36 yr's in SoCal, In 2007 I moved Oklahoma where there are 4 seasons.
Not quite like Mi, but they're actual 4 seasons and not just 2. Being from the SW, you know what I mean.

Good Luck
That's the same thing my wife did, she was 18 and moved to San Antonio (where I met her) without telling anyone. After she got down there and established, she finally called home, much to the relief of her family, to let them know that she was not going back. Now 30 yrs later, and her mother just turning 71, she wants to get back and spend what time she has left with her. Her mother is in great shape, I suspect she will be alive and kicking at 100. We lived in Tulsa for 1 year, they have a 4 seasons but the winter appeared to be ice and not snow, don't much care for the ice, that is all we get here on occasion. And the summers are still too hot there. I do a lot during the spring and summer, I have several classic cars that need maintenance and showing, so as I get older I need more pleasant weather during the prime car seasons.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:09 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,354,894 times
Quote:
That's the same thing my wife did, she was 18 and moved to San Antonio (where I met her) without telling anyone. After she got down there and established, she finally called home, much to the relief of her family, to let them know that she was not going back. Now 30 yrs later, and her mother just turning 71, she wants to get back and spend what time she has left with her. Her mother is in great shape, I suspect she will be alive and kicking at 100. We lived in Tulsa for 1 year, they have a 4 seasons but the winter appeared to be ice and not snow, don't much care for the ice, that is all we get here on occasion. And the summers are still too hot there. I do a lot during the spring and summer, I have several classic cars that need maintenance and showing, so as I get older I need more pleasant weather during the prime car seasons.
We did have a full season of snow last winter. The winter of 08 we had an ice storm. Trees were so weighted down with ice that branches started breaking off, and it was like a domino affect all through town.

It's the snow that makes everything so beautifully green and healthy in the spring and summer. Michigan never fails to be the leading example in natural beauty.
Every Spring there was always a wonderful aroma of apple blossoms in the air.
Anyone with apple trees near by will agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan