Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2008, 06:04 AM

30 posts, read 116,572 times

Advertisements

Pics of the Bule Water area:

Port Huron, MI : Blue Water Bridge at night photo

Port Huron, MI : Blue Water Bridge photo

Port Huron, MI : Black River as it runs through Port Huron photo

I've got some better ones than these too, but they're on my desktop and I can't seem to be able to post them here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 07:30 AM

695 posts, read 3,409,536 times
Port Huron is one of Michigan's most under appreciated cities.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:40 AM

11 posts, read 88,419 times
Great pics you guys! Thanks for sharing!

Old 05-22-2008, 09:48 AM

11 posts, read 88,419 times
Default How to post pics

What is the trick to post pics here? I know to go to reply and click the box that looks like a mountain with a sun over it, but then there isn't a "browse" feature there to let me go into my files and select the pics I wanted to post here. Can anyone help me?

Old 05-22-2008, 09:55 AM

550 posts, read 2,051,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyfarm1995 View Post
What is the trick to post pics here? I know to go to reply and click the box that looks like a mountain with a sun over it, but then there isn't a "browse" feature there to let me go into my files and select the pics I wanted to post here. Can anyone help me?
i can't help you with the cool "in your post" pictures....but all i did was click on the paperclip for attachments then there were just little thumbnails of my photos hope that helps and maybe someone else with help with full sized images......

keep the photos coming!

Old 05-22-2008, 09:58 AM

1,576 posts, read 6,347,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
It is sad that most people who have never been to Michigan, automatically think of Detroit, or heavy industry when the state is mentioned.
I am guilty of this. Logically, I know it is a big state, with many beautiful state and national parks, but the first things that come to my mind when I think of Michigan are Detroit, Cars, and Economy. For this reason, I really enjoy seeing beautiful pictures like this posted. Same goes for the pretty parts of Iowa (where I tend to think of corn) or New Jersey (where I tend to think of Newark). It's one of the things that makes this site great.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:45 PM

211 posts, read 587,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyfarm1995 View Post
The easiest way is to upload your pics to a free third party hosting site like photobucket and then just copy and paste the html hyperlink. The sites are secure and don't share your photos with anyone unles you give them access. It's a good way to back up pics in case your computer crashes and you lose your digital files. That way if you post on multiple newsgroups or sites you don't have to keep uploading the pics, they ae already in a linkable format.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 24,690 times
Default Here is a lovely early May a few years ago

Here is a photo of early may a few years ago, this day I was on the phone with a lady in Louisiana asking how the weather was, she said that it was about 75 and she was in her shorts and grilling outside.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7606/dsc03443es9.jpg

Old 05-22-2008, 04:39 PM

104 posts, read 417,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I've always thought Michigan could redefine itself - perhaps in the way the Ford Rouge Plant did - as the backbone of a new green industrial revolution toward sustainable energies, technologies, building materials, etc... So long as jobs came with it, I think a lot of people across political ideologies would jump on board such a new purpose for the state.

Part of that would be a unified state effort to respect and nurture the vast ecological resources while at the same time nurturing centers of urban culture and vitality. People now have the freedom to live wherever they want. Simply providing jobs, while important, is not enough. A state needs to provide a quality of life, which is a big reason why Michigan is failing. Michigan sold out to the car and reduced itself to the efficiency of getting from one place to the next and providing an income without any regard to nurturing the souls of residents.

With all of its gorgeous coastline and open space, I see no reason why Michigan couldn't be regarded in the same way Colorado is with a little effort. Marquette, where I live, is certainly similar in nature to all the old western mining towns that have been reborn as vibrant cultural centers minutes from extensive open space. A lot of northern cities are. We just happen to have great beaches to go along with it.

Anyway - these pictures just inspire me. Thankfully, I get to live them everyday.

btw - puremichigan.org redirected to the Pure Michigan tourism campaign.
I completely agree, except for the part about building materials.....let that cat out of the bag, and every tree in the state will be cut down for lumber...

Old 05-23-2008, 07:22 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent85 View Post
These are such good pics so far! Michigan is very underrated. I was out in CA and told people where I'm from. When they heard Michigan, they had a "I'm better than you" attitude. Michigan's a nice laid back place, and I love it here.
I was in Las Vegas hanging out with a group of pseudo-celebrities and their hangers on. When I would tell people I lived in Michigan, some would literally end conversations on the spot. They would get this confused look in their eyes and I could just see them registering my place in their hierarchy far, far below them.

I did a little experiment. When people would ask where I'm from, I'd say, "New York". This response was met with nods of approval and continued conversation. Despite the fact that NY is full of many ignorant blowhards who are about as worldly as my left butt cheek, my existence was validated, even though I could have been working at a check out counter in the Dollar Store on the outskirts of Queens.

Imagine how ignorant a person has to be to take a state of 10 million people and make a sweeping judgment about all 10 million of them. I think that's worse than racism. Then again, I used to live in a major east coast city and was developing the same attitude of intrinsic superiority simply because of my zip code.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan