Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 03:40 AM

23 posts, read 62,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwinn_raptor View Post
this has got to be one of the dumbest arguments i have ever read.........this kid is hilarious!!!!
Let's say Michigan is overrun with "Hicks"
How many people in California....ie Mailibu, Belair, Orage County would know how to survive without power, grocery stores, transportation? Would they be able to go out and plant a decent garden to feed their family from, go hunting for food for the dinner table, cut wood to burn for heat..........i think you know the answer too.

Maybe Michigan folks are hicks, but i tell you what.......I would rather be considered a hick that a snob a$$, stuck up, punk from malibu living off my daddy's money.
There is no lets say or maybe but is. You just proved my point for me.

IDK what your defintion of hick is but mine is "lookie here, i love my american 4x4 truc, its "bad as f**k", i can drive an dem roads here and go hunnin'. Cuz you know i need ta kill my food myself cuz i am too poor ta afford food buyin' from da grow-sure-E store. I also hate dem folks from "cali" cuz they got nice cars and nice houses. Instead of workin' ad a good jab fer reel money like da malibu people i like bitchin' at my union for a pay raise. And wen i cant get dat, i'm happy to take the govermints money. ("free" health care)" But of course i still hate all those people in california who actually worke' for wat they gat.

Ya thats what i call hick. If you didnt realize it, i just reworded what you said to represent the truth and add a bit of the michigan accent in there. Too bad you cant do nasily on the internet. If living in a shack with no power, no food and no electricity PLUS BEING PROUD OF THAT isnt the most backwards "hick" thing i have ever heard idk what is. No wonder jay leno asked tim allen if they have running water.

Last edited by Ryeno; 10-02-2009 at 04:08 AM..

Old 10-02-2009, 06:00 AM

72 posts, read 148,282 times
Ryeno, I had to read your post 2 times to figure out what you were trying to say. You need to learn some grammar, spelling, and punctuation before posting again.

Why don't you have a location in your member information? Where do you live now that recently made you high and mighty enough to look down on Michigan?

People don't hunt because they are too poor to afford food......at least the people i know do not hunt for that reason.
People hunt because it's a recreational activity, its outdoor's, it's fun, and for many different reason's. It's not because people are too poor to afford buying a pound of ground beef from the local grocery store.

I take it you are not a hunter then? Have you ever had venison (venison is deer meat if you didn't know)? It is much better than a package of ground beef from a local store.

Have you ever been outside of Troy and the suburbs you call hickville? Have you ever been to the Upper Peninsula?

Not trying to stoop to your far less than average level of intelligence, just simply trying to figure out why you have a thorn in your side about Michigan and if you have experienced enough of the entire state to form a valid opinion for the "entire state of Michigan".

Old 10-02-2009, 07:37 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,852,535 times
Countdown to this thread being closed.....

Old 10-02-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Why don't you have a location in your member information? Where do you live now that recently made you high and mighty enough to look down on Michigan?
South Orange County CA. Made the move away from MI 2 years ago and it was the best thing to ever happen to me. I hated it for about 6 mo to 1 yr because i was soo ingrained with the mi hick but after i let go of the past i was shocked to realize how the mi in me was stopping myself from growing.

Quote:
People don't hunt because they are too poor to afford food......at least the people i know do not hunt for that reason.
People hunt because it's a recreational activity, its outdoor's, it's fun, and for many different reason's. It's not because people are too poor to afford buying a pound of ground beef from the local grocery store.
preaching to the chior here. I know that. I just said that to make a point to the guy saying look at all those ca people, without money they couldnt get anything done.

Quote:
I take it you are not a hunter then? Have you ever had venison (venison is deer meat if you didn't know)? It is much better than a package of ground beef from a local store.
ya i had it. deer meet isnt really worth the experience of being in mi imo

Quote:
Have you ever been outside of Troy and the suburbs you call hickville? Have you ever been to the Upper Peninsula?

Not trying to stoop to your far less than average level of intelligence, just simply trying to figure out why you have a thorn in your side about Michigan and if you have experienced enough of the entire state to form a valid opinion for the "entire state of Michigan".
yep been all across mi.

Essentially the people on mi, like the rest of the people in the midwest are backwards. That guy i quoted really hit the nail on the head. Instead of focusing on how to get a better life. People in michigan focus on what they dont have and then try to justify why not having something is better. Its a self-defense mechanism. Instead of looking forward they look backward. And of course the attitudes of there peers, what they get tought in school and what not all add up to this horrible personality people in the midwest get. And i'm not talking about just michigan, illinions, wisconsin, ohio, etc, they are no different.

Back to what the op said. Why do people in more affluent areas think michigan is backwards, hick, hillbilly w/e you want to call it? Because the quality of life is poor and the people like there poor standard of living.

Last edited by Ryeno; 10-02-2009 at 07:18 PM..

Old 10-02-2009, 07:23 PM

28 posts, read 43,554 times
What kind of job do you have in Cali out of curiousity?

Old 10-02-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyBundy View Post
What kind of job do you have in Cali out of curiousity?
The same kind as in michigan + more.

The best job you can have is by far making a successful business. That encompass everything from real estate to stocks/wall street to a simple restaurant or opening your own car company or even starting up a law firm.

The second best kind of job you can get is making it big in big company. e.g. the head of a movie studio.

And finally the thrid type of good job is working at one of these companies. So instead of working for HP at GM at an IT job, you can work for a health company managing there servers. Or become an producor in a movie studio.

Its really the exact something as michigan(detroit) but with more options.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:08 PM

864 posts, read 1,720,638 times
Just Wow. It apparently only takes 1-2 yrs to get totally corrupted in CA and throw out all traditional values.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:08 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,852,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryeno View Post
The same kind as in michigan + more.

The best job you can have is by far making a successful business. That encompass everything from real estate to stocks/wall street to a simple restaurant or opening your own car company or even starting up a law firm.

The second best kind of job you can get is making it big in big company. e.g. the head of a movie studio.

And finally the thrid type of good job is working at one of these companies. So instead of working for HP at GM at an IT job, you can work for a health company managing there servers. Or become an producor in a movie studio.

Its really the exact something as michigan(detroit) but with more options.
Hey 2 cent (50 cent wannabe), beat it from the MI forums.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:16 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,246,280 times
Before all the bull gets this thread closed...

NO, Michigan is NOT an ugly and dreary place. But, I do have to say, I have no desire to ever life in the LP again, too many fake people. The UP is the place to be, western UP, and to be really accurate, along the Superior shore, or at least close.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Hey 2 cent (50 cent wannabe), beat it from the MI forums.
Can i ask you a question? Are you actually a mod?

That guy asked me a question and i responded.

On the other hand all your doing is flamming. Posting useless comments and clogging up a thread and an actual debate. I honestly wouldn't expect that kind of behavior from a moderator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow_temp View Post
Just Wow. It apparently only takes 1-2 yrs to get totally corrupted in CA and throw out all traditional values.
Tradition valves? So you are saying people in michigan are corrupted because in vietnam they need to spend countless hours of back breaking labor growing their rice. While people in MI have it easy just taking 1 shot to kill a deer.

I'm sorry but valves are supposed to help make your life better. If they are not, then they need to be purged.

Last edited by Ryeno; 10-02-2009 at 08:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan